What watch do you wear?

Soldato
The ceramic bezel, numbers, lume, face and glass on the newer Seamasters look so much better than the above model.

15740458852_4df8bf985d_o.jpg

15736993241_81cd96a7cc_o.jpg

Absolutely beautiful. I have to say though, I don't think I'll ever be 100% sold on the strap. Regardless, my next watch will be that one.

Soldato
Bit of a comparison with a blue wavy faced Seamaster:

VWLVYx8.jpg

Have also only just realized the owner had the date set incorrectly :p

Liked the Seamaster, but was happy to hand it back and keep my Sub.

I used to hanker after the blue Seamaster like no other watch. I didn't manage to get one, but now I'm glad. It just looks a bit tired compared to the Sub these days.

Rolex really got that design nailed.

Soldato
Did anyone here attend Salon QP? The wife and I went. Good event overall, got to handle lots of dream watches and meet the people behind the brands. Even got to meet WatchAnish :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
http://m.imgur.com/a/cnc8P

That guy had his 13yr old Seamaster restored at a cost of $800. Look at the parts replaced. He doesn't say if he went diving, just that he wore it often. Nice restoration, looks like new as you'd expect and came with 2years warranty too.

I want a case like that. Rolex do a funky green one from what I've seen and you can only get them after a service. Better set myself up for the long run then :p

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Gonna check out a certain Sub tomorrow :p

I got all excited, then realized what you were talking about :p

Gotta say I thought I'd alway want a date display, but unless it has an easier way to amend it for every month (pushbutton or perpetual calendar) without 31 days I'm not fussed about having date on my next watch.

Have to say I check the date most days on my watch and find it extremely useful, it's a bit quicker than getting my phone out to check. Can see how it's annoying having to set it constantly when you wear more than one watch however.

I used to hanker after the blue Seamaster like no other watch. I didn't manage to get one, but now I'm glad. It just looks a bit tired compared to the Sub these days.

Rolex really got that design nailed.

My pic probably isn't a fair comparison considering that the sub was made in 2014 and the Seamaster is quite a few years old.

http://m.imgur.com/a/cnc8P

That guy had his 13yr old Seamaster restored at a cost of $800. Look at the parts replaced. He doesn't say if he went diving, just that he wore it often. Nice restoration, looks like new as you'd expect and came with 2years warranty too.

I want a case like that. Rolex do a funky green one from what I've seen and you can only get them after a service. Better set myself up for the long run then :p

Good result there, shall pass that on to the Seamaster owner as he mentioned getting it all refurbished.

At £500 per service I should bloody hope that it comes back in a nice case :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The official Omega dealer in Bluewater told me that a full Seamaster service is £345 for full restoration, bargain tbh. Tried on this and had a chat with him, nice guy.

rps20141109_123643_553.jpg

My feelings still remain the same, comfortable watch, more than my Tudor in fact but don't like the design and don't like the lack of quick fine/auto adjustment on the clasp. The bezel click had some play as well and is nowhere near as nice feeling as the Pelagos.

Last edited:
Soldato
For a second then I thought you had bought an SMP.

There is no play on my bezel, you probably saw an abused display model.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It looked like it had never been touched. By play I mean when turning the bezel it had play mid turn and didn't feel as ratchet or mechanical as the Pelagos one though I didn't expect it to be similar anyway so no bother for most I guess.

Soldato
The official Omega dealer in Bluewater told me that a full Seamaster service is £345 for full restoration, bargain tbh. Tried on this and had a chat with him, nice guy.

rps20141109_123643_553.jpg

My feelings still remain the same, comfortable watch, more than my Tudor in fact but don't like the design and don't like the lack of quick fine/auto adjustment on the clasp. The bezel click had some play as well and is nowhere near as nice feeling as the Pelagos.

That photo does a good job showing what I don't like about the strap - It's just a bit too detailed and blingy. The Sub strap, sorry Tudor :p, is simple, looks better IMO.

Soldato
The strap is the weak link ( :) ) of the watch .
The advantage of the double sided AR coating on the glass can be seen in that shot. The shapphire glass is extremely clear which lets the owner see every detail on the dial.

Associate
Used to wear Omega, but now I just stick to mobile phone to tell the time :(

This thread has been very helpful in getting me back in the desire to get a watch again though!

Back
Top Bottom