What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Not just Patek. Managed to drop both my IWCs within the space of a fortnight. The Spitfire Laureus started to run slow and one of the hands came loose on my Ingenieur. Both are in the shop and I'm not looking to collecting them :eek:. That said, I may argue over having to pay anything for the Ingenieur - I had it relumed a few months back and I'm convinced that has caused the problem rather than a very slight fall. From height. Onto bathroom tiles :(

Bathroom tiles though :eek: - You'd be forgiven for expecting such pricey watches be able to withstand a bit of accidental abuse though surely!

Today was Pelagos Thursday. No aftermarket Nato straps, just all titanium :cool:

MkW4lqX.jpg

Soldato
C61 Trident black. Too small, too shiny, too 4 o'clock date window.

Was it the smaller model? I actually like a lot that the C61 offers, the hands are very unique, great etched case back design and I'm a fan of the Omega style wavy dial but.... yes that date window makes my eyes bleed every time I see it. I hope the refreshed model fixes it. If so, I might just be interested.

Soldato
Was it the smaller model? I actually like a lot that the C61 offers, the hands are very unique, great etched case back design and I'm a fan of the Omega style wavy dial but.... yes that date window makes my eyes bleed every time I see it. I hope the refreshed model fixes it. If so, I might just be interested.

The C61 is the 38mm case, the C60 is the 42mm. It was just an impulse buy in the sale - The C60 looked like it wore far too large so I got the C61, but it just felt like a ladies watch.

Had some great details. All the things you list are really nice - I even liked the wavy back and I've never liked it on the Omegas (It's actually hard to tell it's there at a glance). TBH though even if they fixed the date window they'd have to brush all the shiny metal for me to give it another look, and I doubt I will at all if the Steinhart is any good.

mrk: Have you ever posted a picture with a black level under 30 points? :p

Man of Honour
I have to say I'm really happy with the C61 at the price I paid for it. The bracelet could do with some half links for me for a perfect fit. The date window is somewhat clunky design but on the plus side it pushes it away from the norm and the unavoidable comparisons with other divers. The dial is otherwise very nicely made. The lume should be improved. Having done some lume work myself I don't really get why anyone would use lume that isn't blindingly bright!

The C60 is too big for me (I don't mind a radiomir or something that should be oversized looking chunky but this style of watch on my little wrists looks awful when large) and the C61 a good size.

Soldato
Yeh, that's the problem, it's not at 4 o'clock. It's halfway between 3 and 6 and the due to the dial markings it just looks odd.

The absolute position of it relative to the markings is secondary to it's general position. Even if it was at perfect 4 o'clock it still wouldn't look right IMO. It's just one design choice too far.

Soldato
I like the sterile dial with orange lume -
attachment.php

Damn you !

Ordered :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just window shopping today and walked past the Tudor stand in Bluewater, took advantage to check out two Tudor models I'd really wanted to try on (curiosity only).

rps20150117_215529_592.jpg

rps20150117_215420_574.jpg

The Black Bay feels more substantial than it looks, it feels just like a Sub. I really liked the Ranger felt really nice and wore perfectly.

Curious itch scratched, back on went the Pelagos.

Soldato
Just window shopping today and walked past the Tudor stand in Bluewater, took advantage to check out two Tudor models I'd really wanted to try on (curiosity only).

rps20150117_215529_592.jpg

rps20150117_215420_574.jpg

The Black Bay feels more substantial than it looks, it feels just like a Sub. I really liked the Ranger felt really nice and wore perfectly.

Curious itch scratched, back on went the Pelagos.

I like the black bay the ranger really does nothing for me tho

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm interesting to see how preferences differ!

The hour hand on the Pelagos is like something straight
from a nightmare for me. I like much of which the watch offers but the hour hand and (maybe) the hour indices just kill it for me.

The ********* hour hand is Tudor's signature on their dive watches so I'm afraid it's one of those things lol :p

Back
Top Bottom