What watch do you wear?

Soldato
My Ocean One Black arrived today at work.

0STMBRN.jpg

After getting it out of the box I had to let it adjust to room temperature, felt like it was dipped in liquid nitrogen! As soon as my warm lusting hands touched it, it steamed up like a gooden. :D

After a while I took it out and unwrapped it:

CiMPOnM.jpg

First impressions: Very high quality in all areas, great detailing on the indices and hands. The quality of the bracelet is a pleasant surprise. I wasn't expecting too much, but it really is nice, up there with my Seiko Oyster bracelet. I had the size adjusted in minutes with the screw links, took 2 links out and micro adjusted the strap by one position. Feels very comfortable after wearing it all day.

w0uKp9o.jpg

Nice turning motion on the crown, no give. The bezel grip and sound are fantastic. Probably the best out of all my collection, the bezel clicks sound like an automatic machine gun.

A diver with a suit? Yeah go on then! (I really need to get some new formal work shirts :p)

JfiBMYB.jpg

Lume is pretty good. Not as strong as the Orange Monster, but still decent.

ueFUwIs.jpg

LzQYGLj.jpg

I was worried about the cyclops, but I think I can live with it. Welcome to the collection.

Last edited:
Soldato
Very happy with it Raymond :). It's exceeded my expectations. It's a solid piece (weighs in heavier than the Orange Monster, 185g vs 175g) but wears very well and definitely wears big.

The ceramic bezel looks good also, it's more charcoal than black. But I think it suits it well.

Soldato
I echo the comments on that Ocean One Black. It looks gorgeous and I've been thinking of getting one myself to replace my Seiko SKX007K2 which is starting to get on my nerves. One thing I don't like about the Seiko is how thick or chunky it is. I didn't realise how chunky it would be before I bought it.

How chunky are the Ocean Ones?

Caporegime
I echo the comments on that Ocean One Black. It looks gorgeous and I've been thinking of getting one myself to replace my Seiko SKX007K2 which is starting to get on my nerves. One thing I don't like about the Seiko is how thick or chunky it is. I didn't realise how chunky it would be before I bought it.

How chunky are the Ocean Ones?

It is chunky but proportionate, the weight is evenly distributed and balanced to the bracelet. Yes, I can feel it on my wrist but in a good reassuring way.

Soldato
It's definitely chunky and I agree you that you can feel that it's on your wrist but it sits well. I think mine is going to turn out to be quite accurate judging from the 12 hours that I've had it running.

The spec list is huge for the cost. ETA movement, sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel in such a fine package. I think the honeymoon period will be a long one with the Ocean One Black.

In other news, it's rumoured that the Christopher Ward C60 new model will be announced tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing what it's like (date window!).

Don
Panerai claim the fault with my 372 was caused by an impact and not covered by warranty

How they have come up with this I have no idea, it certainly has not had an impact and there is hardly a mark on it

The supplying dealer is speaking to them and another technician will be re examining it

Caporegime
Panerai claim the fault with my 372 was caused by an impact and not covered by warranty

How they have come up with this I have no idea, it certainly has not had an impact and there is hardly a mark on it

The supplying dealer is speaking to them and another technician will be re examining it

What shady Bar Stewards, that is very bad customer servivce and clearly they are trying to weasel out of a repair.

Tell them you will tell the internets about it on every watch forum you can find... the negative feedback will surely cost them a few sales which are worth well in excess of whatever your repair would cost.

Don

Breitling did exactly the same to me mate, ended up shelling out £1350 odd quid :(

Hoping you get luckier than I did

Back
Top Bottom