What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If it was in-house it would be way more expensive to the customer than using the already good ETA. Not because it was in-house but because CW overcharge usually anyway. We know in-house doesn't add a huge amount of cost having seen various models from makers like Orient. Even still, it's overpriced across the range unless you buy one on one of the frequent sales they have. Also questionable colour combination choices as per usual from CW.

Associate
It's same price as their other in-house watch - ~£1500 - there's no way they'll have the per unit cost down as low as ETA so I'd accept a premium.

At sale prices the ETa ones are a decent choice as you say - most reviews put the case/finish quality much better than something like the Steinhart.

Agreed with the colourways - why they feel the need to have such a ridiculous range is beyond me. It actually makes the product page look slightly silly. Would be better to have their web designers make up a nice page where you can see the design based on selecting available colour/strap options.

Also - I know it's supposed to be a diver, but I'd like a display back option.

Soldato
Christopher Ward have launched the new Trident. Looks very nice - date window in a sensible place at last.

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/watches/view-all-watches/trident-collection.html

Still ETA for most of the range. Except the C60-42 Trident-COSC 600, which is limited to 300 units and bizarrely doesn't come with a black face option :confused:

Come on guys, a black face, in-house GMT version please.

An improvement on the old one, but I still don't like those hands. Standard Sword hands would look much nicer.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yeah their designers need a bit of a slap. When I first saw the Trident range and was interested in buying one I had no really looked at many others. It was only after then that it became apparent that the Tridents didn't really have a solid design cue and were more of a mess of this goes here and that goes there with a lick of colour there.

The new design has a crown guard yet the crown itself is several mm extending beyond the guard, what's the point in a crown guard then :p

Man of Honour
I think they look good. Then again I'm wearing the last gen one and I like that. With price increases over the past few years CW pushed themselves out of being the compelling value for money option that they were when the started out. I wish them success but for me they are only worth a look in their sales (as with the watch I just picked up which is excellent value at the discount price).

Soldato
Christopher Ward have launched the new Trident. Looks very nice - date window in a sensible place at last.

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/watches/view-all-watches/trident-collection.html

Still ETA for most of the range. Except the C60-42 Trident-COSC 600, which is limited to 300 units and bizarrely doesn't come with a black face option :confused:

Come on guys, a black face, in-house GMT version please.

For £660 on a bracelet I'll pass. Would like to see one in the flesh though.

Soldato
Home from work now and looking at the new CW C60 Trident Pro 600 properly.

They've definitely distanced it even further away from the diver feel and look. It looks even more dressier than the previous model by doing away with the circles for hourly indices and replacing them with the bars. Also reduced the number of markings on the outer regions of the dial.

Is it me or do the hands not match as well as they did with the circle indices? The hands look strange to me on that dial, like they don't match. I can't explain it. I really need to see one of these in my hands.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Really depends on the way it's worn throughout the day, during what activity etc and what way it's placed when on the night stand, face down, face up, crown down etc will all have variations in time gain/loss (hopefully no loss but only gain :p).

Soldato
First 24hrs seems I'm at a loss. But still pretty good! I was about as active as I normally am.. ;).. quite a bit of walking for what is technically an office job. Shall see what tomorrow brings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom