What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Home from work now and looking at the new CW C60 Trident Pro 600 properly.

They've definitely distanced it even further away from the diver feel and look. It looks even more dressier than the previous model by doing away with the circles for hourly indices and replacing them with the bars. Also reduced the number of markings on the outer regions of the dial.

Is it me or do the hands not match as well as they did with the circle indices? The hands look strange to me on that dial, like they don't match. I can't explain it. I really need to see one of these in my hands.

I've been looking at it and I think it's not the hands fighting the hour indices but the numbers on the bezel. The numbers look too modern.

Soldato
I've been looking at it and I think it's not the hands fighting the hour indices but the numbers on the bezel. The numbers look too modern.

The hands are very elegant and have a classical feel about their shape, but the bezel is trying to pull it back to the sporty side. Having said that the original C60 had very similar hands, almost identical. The bezel was also very similar.

I can't put my finger on it.. the dial is definitely less sporty looking though.

I'm a little surprised as I'm not as bowled over by it as I was expecting to be.

Soldato
The hands are very elegant and have a classical feel about their shape, but the bezel is trying to pull it back to the sporty side. Having said that the original C60 had very similar hands, almost identical. The bezel was also very similar.

I can't put my finger on it.. the dial is definitely less sporty looking though.

I'm a little surprised as I'm not as bowled over by it as I was expecting to be.

Reading back what I wrote I wasn't clear what I meant at all - I meant the new hour indices are fighting the numbers, not the hands. The circular ones look more 'diver-y' and thus more sporty, whereas the straight ones feel more formal. Like you say, the bezel is trying to pull it back to the sporty side, but it seems alone in doing so given the rest of the watch.

Soldato
What are peoples thoughts on servicing watches? I have a Omega Seamaster co-axial and was wondering if it was worth it??

If it is worth I'll be without it for a while and was going to get an ABC (protrek), but now looking and Suuntos and the forthcoming Fenix3 - but that's another story/dilemma.

Soldato
Reading back what I wrote I wasn't clear what I meant at all - I meant the new hour indices are fighting the numbers, not the hands. The circular ones look more 'diver-y' and thus more sporty, whereas the straight ones feel more formal. Like you say, the bezel is trying to pull it back to the sporty side, but it seems alone in doing so given the rest of the watch.

I see what you mean. It's a shame we can't very easily see the model in the flesh, they have a showroom by appointment only, a bit of a trip away.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
What are peoples thoughts on servicing watches? I have a Omega Seamaster co-axial and was wondering if it was worth it??

If it is worth I'll be without it for a while and was going to get an ABC (protrek), but now looking and Suuntos and the forthcoming Fenix3 - but that's another story/dilemma.

If you're losing time and it's been 3-5 years or so with the watch looking tired, then get it serviced - It will come back re-finished and looking like a new watch.

Soldato
If you're losing time and it's been 3-5 years or so with the watch looking tired, then get it serviced - It will come back re-finished and looking like a new watch.

Co-axial moment is suppose to be able to go upto 10 years before a service. I've had my Planet Ocean for about 4 years and it only gains about +1 sec every 2 days.

I don't wear it all the time (was my daily beater for a year) and don't keep it in a watch winder, so doesn't suffer from much wear and tear. I would try to wear it at least a few days every 2 months to keep the moment greased.

Soldato
Co-axial moment is suppose to be able to go upto 10 years before a service. I've had my Planet Ocean for about 4 years and it only gains about +1 sec every 2 days.

I don't wear it all the time (was my daily beater for a year) and don't keep it in a watch winder, so doesn't suffer from much wear and tear. I would try to wear it at least a few days every 2 months to keep the moment greased.

I wear mine everyday for the most part. Now and again I leave it at home for a few days and it runs flat.. had it for 7 years now I think.

Soldato
Well bizarrely I never did receive payment confirmation nor a reply to my email asking for it, but I did just receive a shipping confirmation so at least I can reasonably assume they got my money and they are indeed sending me a watch :D

Back
Top Bottom