What watch do you wear?

Soldato
My Wife asked me what I wanted for my 30th in December and I couldn't really think of anything, apart from a new watch. Ticks all the boxes!

But then, what to get really...

I'm sure the Mrs will **** a brick when it comes to price, but hey.

What I have on my list would be:

- Rolex Sub 16800 as it's the year I was born.

- JLC Master Compressor

- PAM 171

- PAM 424 or 249 (but the 249 is a step up more!)

- Zenith Pilot Type 20 GMT 1903 Limited Edition

- IWC Pilot Chrono (was eying up the Portuguese but the one I liked was 11k ha)

Now, what to do...

Soldato
Well not that I'm too surprised, but they've sent the watch to the wrong address. This thing better be spot on because I dread to think the hoops I'll have to jump through to return the damn thing if it isn't.

Associate
kY3aaD.jpg

New daily wearer for work.. Apologies for the attire, transit lounge in Brisbane :p

nice, i love these. this is probably my next watch. cant make my mind up between the bruiser or an older pepsi though. will be chopping in the omega speedmaster mk2 to do it i think.

.... other option is a DJ2 white gold to complement the pelagos.... decisions decision.

question is, whether the GMT is too similar to my pelagos; but i use the pelagos as a daily beater.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Lovely GMT AmDaMan :)

nice, i love these. this is probably my next watch. cant make my mind up between the bruiser or an older pepsi though. will be chopping in the omega speedmaster mk2 to do it i think.

Definitely a bruiser! The Pepsi is nice but the bruiser is in another league, frequently find myself considering chopping in the SubC for one.

Soldato

.... other option is a DJ2 white gold to complement the pelagos.... decisions decision.

question is, whether the GMT is too similar to my pelagos; but i use the pelagos as a daily beater.

Get the BLNR 100% I tried one on and the it's beautiful! The bezel looks great imo and the blue GMT hands and the blue lume compliment each other nicely.

I bought my GMT as a 2012 though so I saved aroun 1k over retail - there is a lot less flex on the BLNR's.

I think the Pelagos has more in common with the Sub (from what i've seen) - I find the GMT time zone useful as well.

Have you seen the Pepsi Ceramic GMT? Wow... Shame it's not stainless $$$$...:eek:

Associate
Get the BLNR 100% I tried one on and the it's beautiful! The bezel looks great imo and the blue GMT hands and the blue lume compliment each other nicely.

I bought my GMT as a 2012 though so I saved aroun 1k over retail - there is a lot less flex on the BLNR's.

I think the Pelagos has more in common with the Sub (from what i've seen) - I find the GMT time zone useful as well.

Have you seen the Pepsi Ceramic GMT? Wow... Shame it's not stainless $$$$...:eek:

Yeah ive tried the bruiser on a couple of times and it is lovely. The reason id consider a pepsi (a late one) is that it would make it v.different to the pelagos. The pelagos and Subc/GMT are all metal sports watches so id hate to find i just wore the gmt instead of the pelagos..... or maybe it would be ok lol. too many decisions.

the pepsi is much more differentiated to the pelagos, simply because of the colour... .but thats just my mind! Ive not tried a non-ceramic gmt on and was wondering how much worse the bracelet is. The pelagos bracelet is one of its best features and a simple pressed steel one would be a backward step.

id heard they may be bringing out a stainless pepsi at this years basel... probably a rumour but ill be waiting until then in any case.

Back
Top Bottom