What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Had this since Saturday, awful picture but REALLY enjoying the watch.
mgv.jpg

Caporegime
So, who is ordering one of these bad boys?

I love things like this (reminds me of that shirt epic review)

I do agree with one review . It looks more like 85c than $85k

Gold question on the site...
Q: Pardon me, but does this timepiece come with a jar of Grey Poupon?

A: ...but of course.
...and a small spoon carved from the finger bone of an arachnodactylic midget.

Soldato
I'd like to treat myself for my 40th in November so have allocated 5K to spend on a watch. It's something I'll keep forever and hopefully hand down at some point.

I know the style I'm after, think Omega Seamaster Diver 300M, Rolex Submariner/Deepsea/Sea Dweller 4000.

Second hand doesn't put me off but I'd prefer new unless the saving was considerable.

What would you guys recommend is my best option?

Associate
I'd like to treat myself for my 40th in November so have allocated 5K to spend on a watch. It's something I'll keep forever and hopefully hand down at some point.

I know the style I'm after, think Omega Seamaster Diver 300M, Rolex Submariner/Deepsea/Sea Dweller 4000.

Second hand doesn't put me off but I'd prefer new unless the saving was considerable.

What would you guys recommend is my best option?

Rolex all day. SD4000 or a Sub. Deepsea proportions are all wrong; try one. Also dont forget the GMT for a bit of colour.

I wouldnt have any issues with buying 2nd hand. Its almost a requirement if your thinking Omega as it will lose 30% as you walk out the boutique door.

Id also say go look at JLC at this price point 2nd hand.

iconic watches have decent savings on these brands.

Associate
Decided on the Speedmaster Moon Watch for my engagement present.

It is much cheaper 'unworn' from Iconic Watches - http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/omega-speedmaster-professional-moonwatch-311-30-42-30-01-005.html

Is everything legit with this store? What is the differenced between buying here and going into the omega store in Glasgow for it (other than cost?)

im on my 3rd purchase from iconic. you can buy with confidence. the difference literally is the cost. The watch will come from an authorised AD somewhere on the continent and be stamped with their name. Its all above aboard and the watches carry euro warranties in any case.

Other differences are that you wont get 0% finance and such like etc. They operate on small margins and pass the benefit onto the customer.

The guy told me last time I was there that they are punting out 140 watches a week!

Soldato
Excellent - I will be all over that then! Tried it on at the airport on my last flight back from London and was going to pick it up for 2.7 from there when back down with work but I think I will jump in at the iconic watches price!

Soldato
Love the GV! Was sorely tempted by this, but went for the GMT instead.

So I promised myself this; it took me quite a few years to umm and err but I got it! Brand new and crikey expensive but I’m 40 this year, so this is my (big) treat. I don’t do cars or fancy clothes or anything else. I'm truly a closet slob but goodness me I’ll happily go out tomorrow with this on my wrist!

Soldato
So I promised myself this; it took me quite a few years to umm and err but I got it! Brand new and crikey expensive but I’m 40 this year, so this is my (big) treat. I don’t do cars or fancy clothes or anything else. I'm truly a closet slob but goodness me I’ll happily go out tomorrow with this on my wrist!

You are an idiot if you buy new.

Buy second hand from a decent jewllers or from watchuseek.com

Either go No-date Rolex Submariner or Brequet Type 20 Transatlantic, may be even AP Royal Oak second hand, may be out of budget through...

Are you set on a diver?

Soldato
Posted in the items bought thread the other day but right now it looks like this:

76EEE1DC-8829-42E1-A159-B4D7DC946B63.jpg

Seiko 5 / SNZG13 - Can't really complain for under £100. I wanted a fairly simple and clean auto, been looking at various more expensive ones but in the end got this. I do still want a more expensive auto, a pilot style but this will do for now.

DSC_0587.jpg

C0D796D8-926B-4786-A2DB-32C29D7D09F8.jpg

Lume:
8DDDC47E-8955-461F-975E-200EEE5F6CB3.jpg

Soldato
You are an idiot if you buy new.

Buy second hand from a decent jewllers or from watchuseek.com

Either go No-date Rolex Submariner or Brequet Type 20 Transatlantic, may be even AP Royal Oak second hand, may be out of budget through...

Are you set on a diver?

Wow, happy to be an idiot. Gracious me. I didn't purchase it RRP btw but regardless. Such little things make periods in-between worthwhile. I enjoy the watch, that's enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom