What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Private sale is going to be extremely tricky unless you have contacts in the watch business, other wise you'll have to let a company like Watchfinder sell it for you. I'm far from an expert on Patek, but would expect 8-10k for the above :)

ok, thanks, i have sent a message to Watch finder. Crazy level of depreciation

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Thats actually in place to allow you to expand the watch onto your wetsuit when diving, the strap itself still has removable sections for normal fitment

It's a double purpose feature. 1: for wetsuit use, 2: for microadjustments in cold/warm conditions or wearing over gloves. The evolution of Glidelock is the one found on the Pelagos which micro adjusts by itself. I guess it's a "test the waters" system for that watch only which made it into production since it doesn't even have a name.

Last edited:
Soldato
ok, thanks, i have sent a message to Watch finder. Crazy level of depreciation

Yaaaar...Is it the 5153G-001, think the going rate is about 20-25k new for them :p Like i said my level of expertise on PP is very limited, i tend to see much lower end stuff like omegas and rolex's (did i just say that?) so i've not really given patek philippe much research :p

Soldato
Just been to try a few Omega variants on and have now decided I like the PO more than the Seamaster 300m. The one I really like is the Titanium Liquid Blue Bezel which I believe is 46mm. I thought the Seamaster would be the one for me but it just looked too small even on my fairly thin wrists!

I'm still a way of making a purchase so want to consider the Rolex SD 4000 as I'm now around that price point.

I know we have some PO owners here so would really appreciate hear your experiences with them :)

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Private sale is going to be extremely tricky unless you have contacts in the watch business, other wise you'll have to let a company like Watchfinder sell it for you. I'm far from an expert on Patek, but would expect 8-10k for the above :)

I've just been given a quote from them for selling one my Omega Skyfall PO and as I have been looking to get a Rolex Sub (116613LB) but the offer was a bit lower than I was expecting, so not sure now.

Soldato
Thats actually in place to allow you to expand the watch onto your wetsuit when diving, the strap itself still has removable sections for normal fitment

yes of course your correct Will, but this allows micro-adjustment, in 2mm increments, unlike the Sea-Dweller that has the dedicated extension for wet-suits.

on a hot day, when your wrist swells a bit, there is nothing better that popping off the watch, and shifting it one notch, just so comfy,

You have the Explorer don't you? does it not have the glidelock clasp?

Back
Top Bottom