What watch do you wear?

Associate
Guys, need your help in finding an all-black watch in the £100-200 price range.

Any ideas on what I should be looking at?

I'd have a look at the Citizen Stiletto Eco-Drive, you should be able to get hold of one for about £200 and I personally think they look very nice for an all black watch.

Associate
Posted in the items bought thread the other day but right now it looks like this:

76EEE1DC-8829-42E1-A159-B4D7DC946B63.jpg

I have been reading this topic for a while as a student and dreamed of owning some nice watches featured on here. About 4 months ago I decided to save up my meagre bursary and start my collection with the very same watch as above. I had not previously owned a watch for 8 years or so.

I was very happy when it came, was exactly what I was looking for and looks great in my opinion and was my first automatic.

Slapped it on my wrist and then I went out for a few drinks with my friends. at about 3am noticed it was no longer on my arm.

Not looked at any watches since as too annoyed/gutted that any watches I buy will be lost. Seeing this picture reminded me.

Associate
Just been to try a few Omega variants on and have now decided I like the PO more than the Seamaster 300m. The one I really like is the Titanium Liquid Blue Bezel which I believe is 46mm. I thought the Seamaster would be the one for me but it just looked too small even on my fairly thin wrists!

I'm still a way of making a purchase so want to consider the Rolex SD 4000 as I'm now around that price point.

I know we have some PO owners here so would really appreciate hear your experiences with them :)

If the 45.5mm PO looks ok on your wrist, then your wrists aren't small - imo the PO definitely doesn't "wear small". Anything over 42mm starts to look dodgy for me :)

Keep in mind that the large watch trend seems to dying off now.

Soldato
If the 45.5mm PO looks ok on your wrist, then your wrists aren't small - imo the PO definitely doesn't "wear small". Anything over 42mm starts to look dodgy for me :)

Keep in mind that the large watch trend seems to dying off now.

My wrists are just over 6 1/2 inches but I've got big hands so the smaller watches looks odd. I'm going to try the 42mm PO on at the weekend.

Man of Honour
Got a slight niggle with my Bremont Solo. Basically, it's got an aluminium bracelet and on the top side of the watch, where the bracelet meets the face, the collar is a few mm away from the watch body. I have to keep moving it back to make it flush. Would this be something to ask about getting sorted?

How the bracelet ends up sitting if I leave it alone:

image.jpg

And how it looks when I move it back:

image_1.jpg

Obviously I'd want it to be flush all of the time.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That's worrying, are the end links not solid then? I can only assume they are not if the aluminium is bending out like that. If that's the case then getting it sorted will just see the same issue return again down the line I would expect.

Can you take that end off and post profile pics of end link and lug areas?

Man of Honour
No they're not solid, they're held in by pins. The bottom one doesn't move at all, it's solid in place, but the top has about 1mm worth of movement.

Soldato
Does anyone have one of the more expensive Seikos? I'm looking at the Seiko Astron and am quite taken with it but I've always considered top end Seikos to be about £500 so was quite surprised at the £1500 list price of this one. That's starting to stray into Tudor/ second hand Omega, etc territory. Are they worth the cash?

TIA

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
So interesting couple of weeks gone by. For ages now I've been rotating a Timefactors NATO, Maratac NATO and the rubber + bracelet that come with my watch, as some know.
I'm always excited to try out other straps as I find them fascinating (especially NATO ones). I know, I'm extremely sad like that, but whatever :D

I ended up attempting to shorten the Maratac's end bit and ended up making it too short and managed to get a stain (likely oil) that won't come out of the Timefactors one. I didn't fancy ordering another Maratac from the USA nor did I want another Timefactors...

So one thing led to another and Mr Janesy pointed in the direction of Monkey Swag, having seen what Invader's Seiko 5 looked like with an Olive one I had to have one of those and I also ordered a "Nimbus" (dark grey) one.

They arrived today and happy to report the quality is near 1:1 with a Maratac yet they cost less than £8 each, so half the cost of a Maratac.

I think they look good on the watch :)

XMMHhqs.jpg
(Left is a NATO from Nato Strap Company for comparison, it is softer than the MKS ones and a hair width thinner in weave thickness)

Olive
Kb28i43.jpg

Nimbus
0uXMamx.jpg

Suspended
So interesting couple of weeks gone by. For ages now I've been rotating a Timefactors NATO, Maratac NATO and the rubber + bracelet that come with my watch, as some know.
I'm always excited to try out other straps as I find them fascinating (especially NATO ones). I know, I'm extremely sad like that, but whatever :D

I ended up attempting to shorten the Maratac's end bit and ended up making it too short and managed to get a stain (likely oil) that won't come out of the Timefactors one. I didn't fancy ordering another Maratac from the USA nor did I want another Timefactors...

So one thing led to another and Mr Janesy pointed in the direction of Monkey Swag, having seen what Invader's Seiko 5 looked like with an Olive one I had to have one of those and I also ordered a "Nimbus" (dark grey) one.

They arrived today and happy to report the quality is near 1:1 with a Maratac yet they cost less than £8 each, so half the cost of a Maratac.

I think they look good on the watch :)

XMMHhqs.jpg
(Left is a NATO from Nato Strap Company for comparison, it is softer than the MKS ones and a hair width thinner in weave thickness)

Olive
Kb28i43.jpg

Nimbus
0uXMamx.jpg

I'd rather shoot myself in the face than wear a watch with an RAF strap. Army always :D

Back
Top Bottom