What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
That Hamilton is very nice JanesyB. They have a very good eye for design

It's nice and slim, the brushing on the case is nice and I like how the crystal domes slightly to make it blend in with the bezel. Dial is textured enough to keep it interesting but it's still super legible. It doesn't suffer with short second hand syndrome like lots of watches either. For the £200 it cost me, I can't fault it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Another one of my watches, the lume is still glowing as I had not long come in from outside, although the photo doesn't really show that too well as the room is quite well lit with daylight, I turned away from the light source as best I could, you can sort of see it on the bezel triangle and hands as the watch has pretty fierce lume.

It's a Precista PRS 18-A.

Associate
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a watch for my son's 18th birthday later this year. Something classy not blingy. Something that he can keep for years and hopefully won't look dated. My budget is around £250 - £300 so brands like Omega and Breitling are out of reach.

I quite like the look of the Armani Dino (not sure if I can link to it, but there are plenty of pics on Google). Does anyone know anything about Armani watches? I realise they don't make watches themselves so it'll just be a rebadged other brand, but I don't know who that is. Are they well built and reliable, or are there other brands I should consider in this price range?

Thanks.

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a watch for my son's 18th birthday later this year. Something classy not blingy. Something that he can keep for years and hopefully won't look dated. My budget is around £250 - £300 so brands like Omega and Breitling are out of reach.

I quite like the look of the Armani Dino (not sure if I can link to it, but there are plenty of pics on Google). Does anyone know anything about Armani watches? I realise they don't make watches themselves so it'll just be a rebadged other brand, but I don't know who that is. Are they well built and reliable, or are there other brands I should consider in this price range?

Thanks.

It is a fashion brand so essentially junk but charging hundreds for it.

Stick to Tissot, Seiko or Orient.

Soldato
Hi all,

Thanks.

anything in the Hamilton range would be nice depending on taste, if you could push your budget a little, you could have this, Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic Automatic for £470.00, this Is mine,

TTk5xX1.jpg

a classic timeless watch, that has a build quality and movement on par with much better brands, I liken the quality on this to an Omega Aqua Terra

source: http://www.watchshop.com/Hamilton-Watches.html&prodsorting=pricelow

Soldato
I you want a quality dive watch there are many options in the £200-£300 price bracket. Steinhart, Prometheus Borealis, Magrette all have divers to offer and other stuff too. There is also the Precista PRS-18A I pictured above on my wrist, that's £245 for the automatic, you can also get a quartz version the PRS-18Q for £185.

I think you can still get the Almar Arctic Marine I pictured a few pages back, that was/is available in blue or black, was about £205 thanks to the favourable exchange rate.

I wouldn't buy an Armani, they aren't a watch company, just a fashion label.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Precista is a great shout, I'm wearing my prs50 right now. Hamilton, Christopher ward (used prob given where their prices have gone), seiko all worth a look.

I repaired an Armani watch for a relative once and it was really poor. I wouldn't bother. 5 quid movement and a very wobbly plastic movement holder

Soldato
speedy.jpg

Speedy love. I keep having thoughts about trading it in for an Explorer II. Thoughts?

Soldato
Hi all,

Thanks.

Christopher Ward screams out to me at this budget...C3 Malvern.

Leather Strap:

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/watches/dress/c3mk2/c3swk-mk2.html

I have this one and very pleased with it:

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/watches/dress/c3mk2/c3scs-mk2.html

Back
Top Bottom