What watch do you wear?

Permabanned
My niece has just had a watch for her birthday and as a gift we want to get her a watch turner.

I know nothing about them at all, what should I be looking at?

Caporegime
Last edited:
Associate
My niece has just had a watch for her birthday and as a gift we want to get her a watch turner.

I know nothing about them at all, what should I be looking at?

Find some reviews. Focus on quality/reliability and especially lack of noise if it's going to be in a bedroom.

After my experience I'd get one that is slanted rather than vertical - the vertical one I had the watch would shift slightly as it turned no matter what cushion I used.

I can recommend Modalo - mine is virtually silent and great quality finish.

For a single watch this one would do nicely and nicer design than just a black box:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Modalo-Watch-Winder-251021-Automatic/dp/B009YCWGEI/ref=sr_1_31

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just tell her to wear it, that's the best way to keep it wound. Sounds like it's her only watch too so there's no excuse not to really.

It will have at the minimum 38 hours of power reserve whatever automatic it is.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Do smartwatches count?
I wear a Gear 2 Neo. It worked flawlessy until Android 5.0 came out for my Note 3, now it has connection issues. They took months for a semi-fix to come out, but it still isn't what it was.

Soldato
I just picked up a watch from another forum, its the Scurfa Diver One, this retails for £124 and £9 signed delivery, and I have to say this is a lot of watch for the money,

Drawing on influences from Omega PO, Tudor Pelagos and of course the Rolex Sub, INMO manages to combine these into a fantastic pick up and go watch, here is a picture and some blurb from the web site,

ojv3AWH.jpg

lume shot, ceramic bezel with lumed inserts (like theTudor Pelagos)

HL24wQY.jpg

42mm case excluding protective crown guards, 51mm lug to lug and 13.5mm thick.

316L Surgical grade stainless steel case.

7mm Screw down crown with the D1 logo.

Screw on case back (Higher than the first model).

Uni directional bezel 120 clicks.

Ceramic Insert with Swiss Super Luminous markers.

Domed Sapphire crystal with blue anti reflective coating.

300m-1000ft.

High precision Ronda Power Tech 515 Swiss quartz movement.

Swiss Made super luminous material on the dial, hands and ceramic insert.

Quality 22mm comfortable silicone strap.

and a wrist shot from me,

OfUDJge.jpg

sauce:http://www.scurfawatches.com/diver-one-silicon.html

Man of Honour
Moonwatch checking in, it actually feels a lot smaller and lighter than my PO.

Big box and little box
20150618_184217.jpg

There's something so distinctive about the Speedmaster. I saw someone wearing one on the tube recently and it really stood out. It's just so classic. I really must get one at some point.

Caporegime
It doesn't help when people keep saying how good they are :(

Been wearing the Hamilton for the last two weeks solid, tempted to sell off most of my Seikos and put that towards the speedy fund.

O6HygJ7.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Hello,

I'm after a nice watch which can be worn for formal events (with suit) and casual outings. I literally know nothing about watches. Obviously I've heard about Omega and Rolex, but everything else is a complete unknown.

My budget is around £250 - what do you guys recommend? What should I look for? I quite like leather straps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom