What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
The Trident 600 automatic starts at £600 which is double my budget. I've never had a mechanical watch but in all honesty it seems that it's just out of my budget. The Steinhart however is automatic?

What do guys think I should do? Stick with the CW Trident 300 Quartz with bracelet which comes in at £360, go for the Steinhart or something different altogether?

Choices!

Steinheart or precista.

Associate
personally I'd rather go for one of the original Steinhart designs over one of their homage watches

Agreed. Although arguably none of Steinhart designs are that original, a blatant copy of a current Rolex Submariner right down to the cyclops is not my cup of tea. I'd consider the OVM - at least it's not copying a current model.

Yes, if you can't afford the CW Trident 600 (mechanical) then get the Steinhart. But remember it wears quite large on the wrist.

Last edited:
Associate
Here's my most expensive watch so far, a wooping 70 quid or so. Thats part of my learning curve in watchland :)
Stuhrling sub-equivalent, quartz, but one important thing is that it's 44mm. It's otherwise probably in the same price bracket as Parnis. I've been very happy with it so far, it does look very, very nice and the bigger size is definitely a plus for me.
H1R2dWlJtaGQh3g9aW-vt9k50bjt-RxFDFrpWXPDVkk7=w1932-h1451-no

Soldato
Now that is a beautiful watch.

I've seen a lot of people rave about Steinhart. Any OcUK users have experience with them?

Have an Ocean one. I put it on a black maratac just to keep it a little more casual and a touch less 'SUB!!!'. My only gripe with it is the bezel and little 'pearl' insert are way too easily scratched/damaged. I didn't want the ceramic bezel as I felt you started to lose the markings (They stand out much more on the alu bezel). It would be going full sub, and I wouldn't expect it for the price, but I'd love to see a ceramic bezel with stamped numbers rather than printed.

Other than that, it's been fantastic. I sent back a C61 prior to ordering this and still very glad I did.

Associate
I have a couple of questions for the watch owners on here.

I'm looking to replace the strap on my Tissot Visodate as the leather is starting to flake where I've inadvertently rubbed it over things.

I've been looking at the Hirsch Mariner in Brown as a replacement as it seems like it might hold up to a little more abuse. HOWEVER I'd really like to retain the Tissot deployment clasp on the new strap.

So the two important questions are, does anyone have any experience of the Hirsch Mariner? If so what's it like? And will the oval strap holes cause any issues with the stud on the Tissot deployment clasp not staying put? I'd hate to have the watch come off my wrist.

Soldato
Comments on creationwatches.com if anyone has any? The watch I'm after says it comes with a 12month international warranty, has anyone any experience with them to describe what that entails. Are the warranty cards stamped?

*I have emailed them to ask this question but it can take 12 hours to get a reply so was wondering if anyone here knew.

Associate
Since I'm not jealous like, AT ALL, here's a pic of what I was wearing today.

On the upside, the prototype board is worth around 45k.

The watch was 25 (seamaster rep) and the strap (nice!) 11.

:)

TO5Uq1bHsi7BIpVHQYQ4v5k8Nl_LPyGoAT0XCerxU9LR=w1932-h1449-no

Man of Honour
I was pleasantly surprised to see a leather strap in the box (amongst other toys). I have a Tag & Bremont, the packaging for the Omega is a cut above!

I have to say, I think I still prefer my Bremont? I'll have to compare side by side when I get it back from being repaired.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I imagine it's probably because the Bremoint (as a whole) is less common and so has that bit more special feeling to it? They're built quite substantially too.

Man of Honour
Yeah, maybe. The Bremont also has a much chunkier feel with a fantastically deep face to it. The Omega is nice and slender though, and has some great details and a touch of class. Definitely not disappointed that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom