What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Well I took delivery of a shiny new Kemmner '007' watch this morning, I did not expect these to become available again, I just happened to spot them for sale by chance, so ordered one immediately as I have wanted one for several years.

Some of you may have heard of the German watch maker Rudolf Kemmner. Well he makes some very nice watches indeed including an homage to the 1950s Rolex milsubs this is quite like the 5508, no date, no cyclops, big crown and Mercedes hands, lovely. The workmanship is very good indeed. It has an ETA 2824-2 movement, domed sapphire crystal, nice 20mm tapering screw linked bracelet with machined clasp and dive extension. The case is 39mm so not huge, just understated, quite a classy diver as they go I think. As you may imagine Kemmner calls it the '007' as it's based on the watch worn by Sean Connery as Bond at the time.

I did not order those Nato straps, they were just included anyway, quite surprised really. I knew it came with the 2 watch travel case and 2 screwdrivers to adjust the bracelet.

Associate
Nice! Is that a ceramic bezel? How much is this?

Here I've just pulled the trigger on the 45mm Planet Ocean with Orange bezel... finally went to try the 42 and 45, and they have the same thickness, so the 45mm in fact appears less thick. Quite chunky, but well, it does look good!

Should have mine next week!

Associate
Well, I bought a replica of the 42mm one as a 'demo', and I tought it was nice, but the newer real PO is quite a bit thicker, and it looks a bit too 'chunky'.
So I tried the new 45mm and it's actually Ok on my (rather chunky) wrist.. It's definitely large, but pretty good.

The replica:
_1000411.jpg

Soldato
I think that looks fine, it'd be too much for my wrist but alright on yours, the lugs don't overhang which is the main thing I think.

In answer to your questions about the Kemmner 007, it's an alu bezel not ceramic and it was £358

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I like the Kemmner package as a whole but can't help but think the bulbous logo on the dial cheapens the aesthetic somewhat, it just reminds me of MS Clipart :(

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ah I see that now :D

Browsing the weekly Oceanic Time blog I saw Sinn have released their new (and very beautiful) T pair of watches, the T1 B and T2 B. The T2 B looks amazing I reckon, and I want one :o

Sinn%2BT1%2BB%2B%2528EZM%2B14%2529%2B%2526%2BT2%2BB%2B%2528EZM%2B15%2529.jpg

These are made of Titanium and have the usual specs and certifications expected of Sinn, though no word on what grade Titanium is used. 41mm case too, that would fit just right!

One day...

Soldato
They are rather nice, I have to say, although this is counter to my usual preference for bracelets ...I think I prefer it on the rubber strap, too much titanium grey with the bracelet and the strap contrasts nicely with the none blue elements of the package.

Associate
Finally pulled the trigger on the 45mm PO, from iconicwatches -- I tried to haggle a bit with a local shop, as I usually try to buy 'local' if I can -- but there was still a 600 quid difference with iconicwatches, and I can't really justify that premium. Also tried to get some freebie to offset (like free first service) but they couldn't do it... Oh and they didn't have it in stock anyway, while IW did.
Anyway, tomorrow, with a bit of luck! :)

Man of Honour
Finally pulled the trigger on the 45mm PO, from iconicwatches -- I tried to haggle a bit with a local shop, as I usually try to buy 'local' if I can -- but there was still a 600 quid difference with iconicwatches, and I can't really justify that premium. Also tried to get some freebie to offset (like free first service) but they couldn't do it... Oh and they didn't have it in stock anyway, while IW did.
Anyway, tomorrow, with a bit of luck! :)

It will be nice to see another orange one on here.

Soldato
Nowhere near as flash as most of the watches on here, but the first "proper" watch I've had after spending £50 every 4 or 5 years on stuff from H Samuel...

UIeDTZc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom