What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Finally cracked and bought a Cocktail Time. It's been on my want-to-own list for a while.

qTlH4rk.jpg

E373ml0.jpg

Stunning dial, absolutely love it. The ultimate dress watch, it looks incredible worn with a suit, there is no dressing it down. :)

Was held at customs for 4 days so I knew a customs bill was coming my way. Got stung big time, £65. Gah!

Caporegime
I always end up staring at mine if I wear it, really stunning watch. Did you get it from massdrop? I got a brown Hirsch strap for it, dresses down okay :p

B64MZTH.jpg

My SARB033 came yesterday, the size is perfect.

PnFORdO.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I choose to not get it from Massdrop and got it from Seiyajapan instead, was marked as a gift but customs didn't see it that way.

I'd not use Seiyajapan again, purely because they ship via EMS which in turn ends up shipping with Parcel Force, results in a slow experience to go through the UK customs process. DHL and Fedex handle the customs themselves, they ship the package first and send a customs invoice later if required.

I wouldn't wear the Cocktail Time causally, but each to their own :)

The SARB033 looks very nice.

Soldato
Disappointing to see some negative comments towards Chris Ward watches. I was looking at getting one based on the positive reviews I've seen on here!

I like the style of the C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II with the silver face and brown strap. Anyone know of any similar watches? Must be same price or less as that is top end of my budget.

Caporegime
Disappointing to see some negative comments towards Chris Ward watches. I was looking at getting one based on the positive reviews I've seen on here!

I like the style of the C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II with the silver face and brown strap. Anyone know of any similar watches? Must be same price or less as that is top end of my budget.

By all means buy one, £250 isn't bad for a quartz chrono that's decent quality. It's some of the other ranges that are getting too pricey. I'd just advise that you wait for a sale, because they're frequent.

I paid £207 for my C7 Rapide in 2011, sold it on ebay 4 years on and it went for £223!

Last edited:
Soldato
I choose to not get it from Massdrop and got it from Seiyajapan instead, was marked as a gift but customs didn't see it that way.

I'd not use Seiyajapan again, purely because they ship via EMS which in turn ends up shipping with Parcel Force, results in a slow experience to go through the UK customs process. DHL and Fedex handle the customs themselves, they ship the package first and send a customs invoice later if required.

I wouldn't wear the Cocktail Time causally, but each to their own :)

The SARB033 looks very nice.

Marked as a gift still draws VAT and handling fees, just at a different threshold for different items. It's also shaky territory, as you as the importer are legally responsible for the customs declaration.

Soldato
By all means buy one, £250 isn't bad for a quartz chrono that's decent quality. It's some of the other ranges that are getting too pricey. I'd just advise that you wait for a sale, because they're frequent.

I paid £207 for my C7 Rapide in 2011, sold it on ebay 4 years on and it went for £223!

Definitely this. I got a trident GMT from a sale. Paid < £400 (years ago). Now looking at £800+ for the equivalent with ceramic bezel as the only added value.

Last edited:
Soldato
Agreed! one of the best chrono I've seen actually -- very understated

Thanks guys,

I've started wearing it to work now. Very pleased with it.
Took a while deciding on the model but think it looks quite smart.

2sbsi6w.jpg

Soldato

Many thanks for putting my mind at ease! How often are the sales? The reason I ask is that 1) I'm impatient, and 2) I saw that it used to retail for £215 so it's gone up in the past so I don't want it to go up again!

Caporegime
I thin the negative comments are more re: the price than quality etc..

most people are happy with their watches from them - tis just that only a few years ago they were sold at a much lower price

Soldato
I've just added another vintage watch to my collection, a 1961 Rolex Oyster Perpetual.

1961 Rolex Oyster Perpetual by Dave Wrightson, on Flickr

Still a small collection, and quite eclectic now!

1961 Rolex Oyster Perpetual
1962 Omega 30mm
2008 Tissot MotoGP edition
2014 Locman Stealth Titanium

Watches by Dave Wrightson, on Flickr

I think the Omega is still my favourite - there's something nice about the ritual of winding it up!

Back
Top Bottom