What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Caporegime
Only get it if it has a sapphire crystal, my old Edifice had a mineral crystal and it marked up so easily. It was a bit big and heavy but it was comfortable.

Hmmm, well that's a buzzkill, it has mineral crystal.

Something to consider then, I don't generally mark up my watches as I work at a desk, but it would annoy the hell out of me to mark it.

Caporegime
Hmmm, well that's a buzzkill, it has mineral crystal.

Something to consider then, I don't generally mark up my watches as I work at a desk, but it would annoy the hell out of me to mark it.

Although I am not very careful with watches it's the only watch I ever managed to put a scratch on.

Last edited:
Associate
Today's wrist clock, currently five seconds gained:

20183013889_7df4dc8dbd_c.jpg

Is that a 16800?

Soldato
Polar M400 , trying to stay fit and all. Christopher ward has some amazing watches. Might pick one up.

Read into C. Ward watches before you take the plunge - the use of poorly regulated movements in watches that cost twice the price of a watch also using the same movement, should be a nice incentive to put your money elsewhere.

Soldato
Read into C. Ward watches before you take the plunge - the use of poorly regulated movements in watches that cost twice the price of a watch also using the same movement, should be a nice incentive to put your money elsewhere.

Agreed. I've had two, both I've had to send back at various points.

Soldato
Oh dear! Not great.

May I ask what issues you found with yours?

Yep of course.

With one, the glass exploded off the watch whilst on a flight. Luckily I managed to find all the parts and sent it back (incidentally, it was not the first time I had taken it on a flight).

With the other, water leaked behind the glass and into the face. It's a divers watch :p

Soldato
Yep of course.

With one, the glass exploded off the watch whilst on a flight. Luckily I managed to find all the parts and sent it back (incidentally, it was not the first time I had taken it on a flight).

With the other, water leaked behind the glass and into the face. It's a divers watch :p

Blimey - that's mad!

I've heard about the glass blowing off a Rolex diver before, but I think that was after recompression from a saturation dive...so rather more extreme than a flight!

The dial flooding though, now that is just poor if it was a new example. Did it have a screw-down crown with o-rings?

Soldato
For this reason alone, I refuse to by a CW. They are now very overpriced, their number sales must be reflecting that.

They make some nice looking pieces but as Moeks states, they are still a micro brand, it's definitely a case of getting too big for your boots. Wind your neck in CW? :p

Back
Top Bottom