What watch do you wear?

Associate
Where's the best place to get a valuation on a omega michael Schumacher 2000 sppedmaster - I purchased it back in 2003 and it's only been warn a few times so it's as new but I would like to ensure that its covered sufficiently on my house insurance.

Man of Honour
Where's the best place to get a valuation on a omega michael Schumacher 2000 sppedmaster - I purchased it back in 2003 and it's only been warn a few times so it's as new but I would like to ensure that its covered sufficiently on my house insurance.

If it helps there's a used one for sale at a jewellers near me. It's been there a few months in the window, appears to be immaculate and is for sale at £2295 I think? I don't know much more about it than that. Looks nice though.

EDIT: Sorry just realised you want an insurance valuation so what I've posted isn't going to help much.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just added another vintage watch to my collection, a 1961 Rolex Oyster Perpetual.

Still a small collection, and quite eclectic now!

1961 Rolex Oyster Perpetual

I think the Omega is still my favourite - there's something nice about the ritual of winding it up!

An absolute stunner of a piece - a gorgeous addition to your collection.

I've been eyeing up a '78 steel Oysterdate with black dial and rose gold hands and hour batons...there's something about the classic Rolex on leather that just works so damn well.

Soldato
An absolute stunner of a piece - a gorgeous addition to your collection.

I've been eyeing up a '78 steel Oysterdate with black dial and rose gold hands and hour batons...there's something about the classic Rolex on leather that just works so damn well.

I do love the simple elegance of the vintage watches. The condition is stunning considering its 54 years old. The strap is new (genuine Rolex) which makes it feel like a new watch

Associate
Disappointing to see some negative comments towards Chris Ward watches. I was looking at getting one based on the positive reviews I've seen on here!

I like the style of the C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II with the silver face and brown strap. Anyone know of any similar watches? Must be same price or less as that is top end of my budget.

Some people don't feel that they are such good value any more. This may be true, for a serial collector or someone who regularly "flips" watches but if it's a one-off purchase then just buy what you like and what represents good value for you.

The quality of CW is very good - if anything better than they were a couple of years ago. I had an opportunity to compare the new Trident and a Steinhart side by side and the Trident is definitely better quality - worth the bit extra imo.
The Trident is still £660 & the Trident GMT is £860 plus there's a £50 off voucher freely available at the moment. For a diver of that quality that's still brilliant value in my view.

Soldato
More details on your Nautilus please Van Diemen!

Yeah, what are your thoughts? I would love to own that!

Picked it up this morning, was a choice between the following two:

Really just getting used to the size, for me it's a massive change from my usual daily Datejust/Daydate size. But yet it's easier for me to wear than my Explorer II, similar size case, but the thinner more elegant profile of the Patek case sits very well on my thin wrist, the smaller link sizes on the band & weight of the watch further helps the fit.

Quick comparison with other watches:

Back
Top Bottom