What watch do you wear?

Purchased one of these too (rubber strap).

Thought I'd go for a "cheapie" (£110) to see if I like wearing watches (last time was about 15 years ago).

So far I'm undecided. :confused:

If you're really into the piece, then you'll wear it, get used to it, and then feel odd without it.

There are a lot of things to consider though, such as the strap material, the strap width, the case thickness and diameter, how the lugs sit with the strap etc.

Watches all feel different.

You can also get a replica from china if you want to test the water. I picked a Sub, a PO and a couple others for really cheap, and that'll give you a pretty good idea of what you'll like for size/color etc.. I personally see reps as 'demo versions'.

J models say 'made in Japan' at the bottom of the dial, along with '21 Jewels' under 'Diver's 200M'.

There's no difference apart from that. Lume is green IRL, just depends on the white balance of the picture.

Cheers. Definitely thing a 007 is the one for me, is creationwatches the best place to get one - seem to be about £120 against £165 on Amazon.

FYI

I've been told Omega offer a free service to refinish the New Omega Seamaster 300 M bracelet which is ridiculously shiny (centre links). They'll dull them down to the same finish as the outer links which IMHO looks much better.

I'm trying to get this confirmed so will report back when I know.

You can also get a replica from china if you want to test the water. I picked a Sub, a PO and a couple others for really cheap, and that'll give you a pretty good idea of what you'll like for size/color etc.. I personally see reps as 'demo versions'.

Or don't support the scum that make fakes and break the law by importing them, and just go to a jewellers and try them on.

Or don't support the scum that make fakes and break the law by importing them, and just go to a jewellers and try them on.

I don't support the scum who go to a jewelers to try them on and go back on the internet to buy them...

See, no real solution there... I'm not going to pay over a grand more (in the case of my PO for example) JUST to have the pleasure to 'try it on' at the shop...
On the other hand I don't feel like going to try it on and buying from the internet; it is even worse than buying a cheap knock off in my book.

Bought this at the weekend.
Always liked the styling, and have an interest in railways. Had some money from my Nan who died with the proviso I bought something special for me, so thought why not.
This is the Stop2Go version which has an interesting feature based on the original railway clocks.
The second hand only takes 58 seconds to do a circuit. I then waits 2 seconds then the minute hand moves.
In the real ones this was to allow all the clocks time to synchronise via an electric pulse.

Mondaine Stop2Go by Andrew Farmer, on Flickr

Or go to an Omega shop and they'll let you try on anything you want.

I don't support the scum who go to a jewelers to try them on and go back on the internet to buy them...

See, no real solution there... I'm not going to pay over a grand more (in the case of my PO for example) JUST to have the pleasure to 'try it on' at the shop...
On the other hand I don't feel like going to try it on and buying from the internet; it is even worse than buying a cheap knock off in my book.

It makes no difference to me where you buy it - I didn't suggest you should try in a shop and buy online. But there's no issue if you do that.

You seem to be equating buying a fake with buying online after having tried on in a shop...which may be your way of making you feel better about owning fakes.

Just don't buy the fakes in the first place.

It's also worth noting that you can buy online, and if it doesn't work for you, you are allowed to return the piece within 7-14 days, so long as it's in the same condition. Basic distance selling stuff.

Last edited:
It makes no difference to me where you buy it - I didn't suggest you should try in a shop and buy online. But there's no issue if you do that.

You seem to be equating buying a fake with buying online after having tried on in a shop...which may be your way of making you feel better about owning fakes.

Just don't buy the fakes in the first place.

It's also worth noting that you can buy online, and if it doesn't work for you, you are allowed to return the piece within 7-14 days, so long as it's in the same condition. Basic distance selling stuff.

You seem to imply I feel bad about buying fakes; that's were you are wrong, I don't feel bad at all, I think it's terrific really -- I can test whatever I like, whenever I like, for as long as I like. Heck, I still wear my fake PO if I want to wear a watch and don't want to damage the real one...
The fact you have built a little sandcastle to stand on top as some sort of moral high ground is nice, but I couldn't care less -- I don't try to tell you how to live your life or what to do with your money, so please return the favor.

What's your argument anyway, "it's naughty" ? Have you noticed how the industry itself keep copying each others all the time? Not just watches mind you, *everything*. So why should *I* care?

If you're really into the piece, then you'll wear it, get used to it, and then feel odd without it.

There are a lot of things to consider though, such as the strap material, the strap width, the case thickness and diameter, how the lugs sit with the strap etc.

Watches all feel different.

True. I don't think the rubber strap is for me, but I'll give it a week or so. It seems a bit too rigid and can dig in/catch hairs. :(

I like that black and grey nylon strap that was posted a few pages back, so may give that a go or perhaps a leather one.

Are they easily interchangeable?

Edit: mine was from Creation and I received it quickly and as expected too. Would use again.

You seem to imply I feel bad about buying fakes; that's were you are wrong, I don't feel bad at all, I think it's terrific really -- I can test whatever I like, whenever I like, for as long as I like. Heck, I still wear my fake PO if I want to wear a watch and don't want to damage the real one...
The fact you have built a little sandcastle to stand on top as some sort of moral high ground is nice, but I couldn't care less -- I don't try to tell you how to live your life or what to do with your money, so please return the favor.

What's your argument anyway, "it's naughty" ? Have you noticed how the industry itself keep copying each others all the time? Not just watches mind you, *everything*. So why should *I* care?

Here's to hoping in future you're on the receiving end of having your intellectual property ripped off.

True. I don't think the rubber strap is for me, but I'll give it a week or so. It seems a bit too rigid and can dig in/catch hairs. :(

I like that black and grey nylon strap that was posted a few pages back, so may give that a go or perhaps a leather one.

Are they easily interchangeable?

Edit: mine was from Creation and I received it quickly and as expected too. Would use again.

Again, it depends on the grade of rubber and the general design - some work for some, others don't

The nylon strap you saw may have been a NATO? You can indeed get leather ones. They're much easier to change out as you don't need to remove the spring bars to change the strap as true NATOs loop straight through them.

This also has the added benefit of increased security, as if a spring bar fails, the strap is still looped through the other bar. This contrasts with standard, non-NATO straps where if a spring bar fails, that's your watch gone off your wrist! I have seen non-NATO straps sold as NATOs, so it's worth checking properly.

Back
Top Bottom