What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Received my Seiko SKX007K2 from Creation today. Literally 2 days after I ordered it. It had come from Singapore too :eek: I couldn't find the SKX007J2 variant anywhere and there seems to be little difference between the two aside from visual differences on the dial itself.

Fell in love with it after seeing 2StepSteve's insane lume shot earlier on. It is a lovely watch but the jubilee bracelet on it is rather fiddly for my liking and I feel that the Super Oyster or Engineer maybe more sturdy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Received my Seiko SKX007K2 from Creation today. Literally 2 days after I ordered it. It had come from Singapore too :eek: I couldn't find the SKX007J2 variant anywhere and there seems to be little difference between the two aside from visual differences on the dial itself.

Thought the main difference which is most significant is the K2 isn't Japan made?

Caporegime
No one knows for sure where either is actually made, the difference between K and J is the destination market. The watch could have enough Japanese parts for it to have 'japan' on the dial, but there's never been any conclusive proof that there's any difference in the manufacture, other than some markings on the dial.

Man of Honour
Should be picking up my shiny new Omega Speedmaster Pro tomorrow morning, like a kid on Christmas Eve right now.

Question- how do people insure watches of this kind of value? Is it better to bump up the home insurance policy or get dedicated valuables cover?

personally I have them (and some jewellery and clocks) listed on home insurance as specific items

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Agreed, seiko sell good watches at all their price points (some of their high end stuff is really top drawer), but at the same price point as orient they're both good for the money.

Associate
Should be picking up my shiny new Omega Speedmaster Pro tomorrow morning, like a kid on Christmas Eve right now.

Question- how do people insure watches of this kind of value? Is it better to bump up the home insurance policy or get dedicated valuables cover?

Been 'this' close to ordering myself a 3576.50.00! I got the money, but I'm trying to be a BIT reasonable and wait until xmas :)

Man of Honour
Cheers, just checked with my insurer and they'll only insure named items up to £2.5k each, which isn't helpful. Perhaps time to shift to one with a bit more cover.

Yeah, I had to move insurance to cover my named items too a while back. I am at the moment uninsured for flood (and the river is at the end of my garden :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom