What watch do you wear?

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster in this thread and there is a wealth of knowledge in here. This is a massive thread and I can't find the information I am after.

I'm getting to that age where I want a Rolex (29th Bday this year). I think I want a second hand datejust. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good seller? What advice would you give me for looking for good examples? Anything I should avoid?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

(Just had a look at my join date, 12 years I've been coming to this forum lol)

Thanks guys.

Should the age of the watch be something I worry about? Obviously complete noob with all this.

Depends - I prefer older Subs to new ones due to the changes brought about to the case and bracelet, and as such would pay more for one than one from last year.

Box, papers, tags etc.? That also makes a difference. Also, how often has it been serviced, and has it ever been polished?

I like them all original. Polished examples are of no interest.

I know we all differ in our tastes (thank goodness), but I really have a problem with the magnified part of this watch face. I know I will be missing some history of the development etc, but are Rolex saying without this magnification we would struggle to read the date? Seems a wierd reason to turn what could be a crisp face into something unnecessarily fussy, all imo of course.

Cheers

What's fun about it, does it tell jokes or change colour at night? :D

It's fun because it's different.

It tracks my steps, heart rate, distance, sleep and other bits. It runs in sync with an app on my phone. It's interesting seeing my heart rate when sleeping or resting or on the move. Also I knew I slept badly but I didn't quite realise I'm restless at least 20 times a night (consistently) :eek:

Plus the screen is off unless you move your wrist to look at the time and it picks up on it, a lot of people like that :p :D

Oh, also a feature I thought I wouldn't like is the caller display when someone rings and silent alarms!

Last edited:
It's fun because it's different.

It tracks my steps, heart rate, distance, sleep and other bits. It runs in sync with an app on my phone. It's interesting seeing my heart rate when sleeping or resting or on the move. Also I knew I slept badly but I didn't quite realise I'm restless at least 20 times a night (consistently) :eek:

Plus the screen is off unless you move your wrist to look at the time and it picks up on it, a lot of people like that :p :D

Oh, also a feature I thought I wouldn't like is the caller display when someone rings and silent alarms!

That's quite impressive. How often do you have to charge it?

That's quite impressive. How often do you have to charge it?

Lasts about a week!

Its stuff like when you change countries and your phone automatically changes its time to adjust, the next time the watch syncs it'll update as well.

You also create an account on the Fitbit site which gives you a dashboard to look at, can add food/weight etc in there to track if you're looking to achieve goals.

It's an impressive little seamless package.

I know we all differ in our tastes (thank goodness), but I really have a problem with the magnified part of this watch face. I know I will be missing some history of the development etc, but are Rolex saying without this magnification we would struggle to read the date? Seems a wierd reason to turn what could be a crisp face into something unnecessarily fussy, all imo of course.

Cheers

Welcome to the perennial "Cyclops or no cyclops" debate :)

Back
Top Bottom