What watch do you wear?

I have emailed Creation Watches, hoping they will pay for the shipping costs(doubt it.
If I have to pay for the shipping, I'll take it to a watchmaker in the city and see how much it'll cost.
Thanks guys.

which model, box and papers, condition? last service?

depending on the above anywhere between £2900-£4k

if its a 16610 in good condition with a recent service and includes box and papers and any service receipts, you will get £4k easy on a private sale.

Thanks.

Yes It's 16610 it has not had a service but keeps time so no need yet. I have all box and papers in good condition.

Polywatch is easy to use, just use a clean cloth and your finger to polish. Pretty much need Polywatch if you buy a hesalite Speedmaster - you WILL scuff it now and then

Thats the primary reason I haven't bought a speedy yet -- it's just feel wrong to have what is mostly plastic crystal; sod the tradition and so on... I think the one I'll buy will definitely be the sapphire one -- I'd be gutted in your situation!

seriously? you do know that Hesalite is in fact very strong? and in a way is far better than sapphire crystal, for the reasons above.

scratch your crystal and 9/10 its a replacement, but on the other hand I have had deep gouges in my Hesalite and polywatch has brung it back to better then it was before.

during the process polywatch uses the small particles left behind and fills the scratch, leaving a perfect finish, and in 10 years of having a speedmaster I have scratched it twice.

put it up against a sapphire of the same age and there is no competition.

Cheers chaps, I'll give it a go. Indeed I spent a long time working out if I'd go traditional/hesalite or modern/sapphire but it came down to the idea of that once you scratch sapphire badly you need to replace it.

Given my ability to basically knock my limbs against rough surfaces without even trying, I'm hoping hesalite will serve me well. I'll post some before/after pictures once the polywatch has arrived.

Has anyone here got any experience of changing a watch dial? I got a bit carried away reading about Vostok Amphibia mods and seem to have ordered one along with bezel and dial replacements :o. I'm wondering if it's easy enough to have a stab at changing the dial myself or just taking it to a jewellers if it doesn't cost the earth.

I have removed and cleaned one on a pocket watch and added a logo to one on an automatic.
It's not hard to do. Just keep everything clean and avoid dust/fingerprints as its very hard to clean the dials/face once they are oily.

What tools do you have?

Just a spring bar tool at the moment. I'm guessing I'm going to need a hand setter? Only other thing that concerns me that maybe if I don't do it 100% correctly then the watch will lose its water resistance.

I've been swapping bracelets & straps a lot recently. Not sure which is my favourite!

I really like that Seiko Divers watch a few pages back and am holding myself back from ordering one with the Oyster II bracelet. Really nice indeed.

speedy.jpg

speedy2.jpg

speedy3.jpg

The SevenFriday arrived, and it's actually a really nice wear. I thought it would be a bit awkward with being square, but it's not at all.
Packaging is fantastic, card box, inside that a wooden crate and well sealed watch with rubber and leather straps and tool to change them.

12071248_166682087010381_1169445123_n.jpg

Was going to chuck it up for sale locally for 1000EUR, but might keep it. ha

Back
Top Bottom