What watch do you wear?

none
I am unable to put any metal or plastic or leather near my skin so i use my phone
You can pick up something with a wooden case and a fabric strap if you like?
Also, have you checked some of the coated metals, might also help you :)

A proper NATO strap will also keep the metal from the skin too. That opens up a huge range of watches!

Bit of a classic purchase today - saw it in a local jewelers, reduced to £40.

Casio AMW320r.

IMAG0175_zpsfdd6yugi.jpg

Will be my mountain bike watch.

I'd love a blue faced one but they seem like rocking horse droppings.

Looking good NoobCannon :). I think I may even prefer the PO on a black NATO, sets off the orange very nicely.

Delivery for me today also, my Vostok Amphibia arrived from Russia in under a week :eek:. Big shoutout to Zenitar on the big auction site, great service.

UtolNSf.jpg

Can't really go too wrong for ~£35. Build quality isn't nearly as terrible as I had feared. Was really quite impressed with the lume, is about on par with my Christopher Ward. First thing to do was to get rid of the horrid cheap strap that came with it and put on a monkey swag leather one I received a few days ago. Steinhart pictured for comparison

ayeESCB.jpg

Doesn't look all that special at the moment, but once the replacement bezel part arrives I shall be replacing the face and bezel insert with the following

plILJA9.jpg

Hoping it pulls off the black and red combo without looking too silly, but it shouldn't be too expensive a mistake if it looks awful with all the parts coming in under £100 including shipping. It is quite good fun planning out how a watch will look. Not many timepieces you can do that with easily. I also bought it because it seems like quite an interesting piece on how it was designed. I'd recommend a read of this (http://forums.watchuseek.com/f54/vostok-amphibia-analysis-design-methodology-491757.html)

Where do you guys buy watch straps?

I'm looking for something leather I think because I'm bored of my existing default metal-links style strap.

So is there somewhere good I should be looking?

I'm looking at getting one of these - http://www.omegawatches.com/watches/speedmaster/moonwatch/omega-co-axial-chronograph/31192445101003/ as I have a big birthday coming up next year and I'm totally in love with them. I tried one on at the weekend and they're more beautiful in the flesh.
There seems to be 2 models though (311.92.44.51.01.003 & 311.92.44.51.01.007) & I can't quite work out what the difference is?
Also, are there any negatives to this model that anyone is aware of?

So jealous.... My favourite watch and sure to be q classic... First fully ceramic bodied omega and so beautifully done too. Will probably be my first omega.

Bezel replacement arrived this morning so the first mod is now complete. Doesn't look quite this pink in real life by the way. Took all of 30 seconds to do

S8cribp.jpg

4mfvA5Q.jpg

To me, it certainly looks miles better with a proper bezel on it. Now I have the dial replacement to do, which will be a bigger job, and a bit scarier. Never really taken a watch apart before so it should be an interesting learning experience.

Back
Top Bottom