What watch do you wear?

Took advantage of the eBay flash sale the other day. I had been watching this little beauty for a while. Nothing flash I know but a crack everyday watch and all for less then £200 as well. :cool:

Excuse phone pic, but hey, at least its all in focus :p

For a sub £100 watch, is MVMT a decent brand? Someone at work has one and I really like the look (and price) of it.

I'm not really a watch person but I think I'd like to get one and change that. I feel like this would be a good starting point.

What are the main differences between buying from an authorised dealer and one of the "reseller" websites?

The Seamaster I'm looking at is £2800 or thereabouts from the jewellers but closer to £2200 online. How do the warranties work with watches bought from these types of places?

I bought an Seamaster from Iconic Watches, it came with a dealer stamped warranty card from an AD in Spain - I walked into an Omega boutique and they adjusted the bracelet for free, no questions asked. Even gave me all the coffee and biscuits I could consume and let me try on a few Speedmasters.

So no problem at all.

FYI Iconic ship from the UK and have a store in Blackburn (Ancient and Modern Jewellers) - Can't recommend them enough.

Last edited:
I bought an Seamaster from Iconic Watches, it came with a dealer stamped warranty card from an AD in Spain - I walked into an Omega boutique and they adjusted the bracelet for free, no questions asked. Even gave me all the coffee and biscuits I could consume and let me try on a few Speedmasters.

So no problem at all.

Good to hear :-)

I'm nipping into Fraser Hart on Saturday to try on the blue and black ceramics, then I'll be going home to order online. I've gone off the idea of the Bond watches after thinking about it, I'd much rather something without 007 stamped all over it. Just need to decide on blue or black now, I love the way the black ceramic bezel looks as the light passes over it.

Took advantage of the eBay flash sale the other day. I had been watching this little beauty for a while. Nothing flash I know but a crack everyday watch and all for less then £200 as well. :cool:

Excuse phone pic, but hey, at least its all in focus :p

I was going to post how good a deal I got on a Cocktail time but you have beat me!!!!

I got a Massdrop deal and picked one up for £210 delivered. It's going to be for my dad for Christmas.

Well done though! :)

Something a little different for me today.

xrey1.jpg

I've bought a couple of straps from monkey swag. Not sure they have that exact one but they do have a good selection. Their NATOS are good value and quality, and the leather ones are decent too. I wouldn't bother with an omega one just yet, you may not like a nato and would have spent far more than the 8 or so quid you can pick a non omega one up for.

Following on from this. Ordered myself a monkey swag "stealth" 22mm nato to try before i take the plunge on the omega. Actually quite like it. Makes the watch much lighter. iPhone takes terrible pics or I suck at taking pictures lol

uUbMMZX.jpg

m9TfpH8.png

e6x7fGK.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered myself a monkey swag "stealth" 22mm nato to try before i take the plunge on the omega. Actually quite like it.

The only problem with Omega nato is the price, it's not worth the money but if it's a design you like, there isn't really an alternative. Which is kind of surprising as all the designs I see just aren't nice.

A Omega nato will set you back about £130. You'll be able to get it cheaper from EU websites.

The only problem with Omega nato is the price, it's not worth the money but if it's a design you like, there isn't really an alternative. Which is kind of surprising as all the designs I see just aren't nice.

A Omega nato will set you back about £130. You'll be able to get it cheaper from EU websites.
Ive had a search around for a cheaper version thats the same style and colours etc but cant find one!. As its a present ill let the missus get it for me as im stumped for anyting else i want anyway.

I dont think id buy it myself but once i get my hands on it the quality may change my mind

doesnt this make the watch a bit 'top heavy'? I got the 45mm, the bracelet seems to be the only thing balancing the weight of the big bugger :-)

Mines the 45mm. I dont think it does it sits quite nicley and moves a lot less on my wrist. Its only a 5
Min job to remove the bracelett.

Id definatly recomend trying it out.

Seems the 007 has a folding clasp on the strap and the 003 has a buckle. Identical apart from that.

Driven by OMEGA's Co-Axial Calibre 9300, this bold timepiece is finished with a black nylon strap that includes a new ceramic and titanium foldover clasp. The hands are diamond-polished 18K white gold, except for the central seconds hand which is polished, rhodium plated with a red tip.

http://www.omegawatches.com/watches/speedmaster/moonwatch/omega-co-axial-chronograph/31192445101007/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom