What watch do you wear?

Finally got my Seamaster today!

Went for the blue faced SMPc in the end, I like the way different light levels change the face from a vivid blue through to a deep inky blue, almost black. I tried on a few Planet Ocean models whilst there and almost left with the black on black, maybe next year....

At the last minute whilst getting the bracelet resized I noticed a light scratch in the bezel at the 30 minute marker, I've never seen a salesman so worried and apologetic and it was quickly swapped for a new one. I did end up going back to the shop an hour later when I realised they had forgotten to put the operation manual in the box though.

A quick "thanks" to everyone who helped with my questions here, I'll get some pics up next week when my camera comes back.

Last edited:
Picked up an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra "Skyfall" over the weekend. Lovely looking watch and really won me over in person. I was considering a lower end Rolex - e.g. an Oyster Perpetual or Explorer I but in person I didn't think they were anything special.

wearing my navi again today

12DDEC51-AAEA-437F-8EB6-AD176B1987F2_zpsuuhgvknp.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_2780.jpg

Spoke about watches to my parents this morning and my dad popped up stairs to get these two. My grandad's watches from way back when; 100% vintage tho. :)

The Longines is mechanical wind up and the Omega is battery which needs to be replaced. Both straps need to be replaced too.

Not sure of the dates (and values so I can add to my house insurance) so more than welcome for suggestions!

IMG_2781.jpg

The Omega was my dads old watch that was replaced with a Rolex Deepsea/sea dweller few years ago; gave the Omega to me. Battery is dead so will get that replaced at the same time a the two above.

New strap for the longines. The original was a bit dark to my taste, and a but thin. This one is a Hirsh from there

It looks fantastic, even if it's 22mm (the Longiness is 21mm) nevertheless it fits. Only thing I miss is that the longines butterfly deployment is beautiful and delicate, and thin... the one from watchobsession is quite a bit bulkier. Still, it does the job...

Photos not-from-my-iphone. Used the nexus 5 :-)

IMG_20151103_185500.jpg

IMG_20151103_185606.jpg

Back
Top Bottom