What watch do you wear?

I also really like the Longines Heritage 1967 they have just released, seems it gets very good feedback too as it's meant to be very good value for the specifications http://www.ablogtowatch.com/longines-heritage-diver-1967-chronograph-baselworld-2015/

Shame there aren't other bezel colour options though...

It is definitely form over function, but it is a beautiful piece in the flesh nonetheless.

I've been very, very impressed my new Longines -- they seem to be outside the 'radar' but the Heritage and Master lines have very nice pieces in -- not just 'packaging' a movement, but making nice, very compact, stylish pieces... and at a very 'competitive' price.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a Seamaster Automatic 212.30.41.20.03.001 in the next few weeks with the ceramic insert but have been a bit thrown;

I've always been a massive fan of the Bond series watches and for a few hundred quid more can get a 2537.80.00 Bond ltd edition. As they're discontinued it will be around ten years old but fully authenticated and with a warranty (watchfinder). I do like the new face and the way the Omega branding is "raised" on the new edition but on the other hand, it's a Bond watch! I'm not overly convinced they should have lost the face waves either?

Both watches are circa 2.9k so it's not a cost thing. What would you recommend with regard to future value and longevity?

You can get the ceramic version for 2k - is the Bond association is worth an extra 1k plus less warranty and an older watch? Probably not.

If you want a proper Bond watch, get the 2531.80 for around 1.5k. The Bond edition is naff.

Last edited:
You can get the ceramic version for 2k - is the Bond association is worth an extra 1k plus less warranty and an older watch? Probably not.

If you want a proper Bond watch, get the 2531.80 for around 1.5k. The Bond edition is naff.

Would you take an older "Bond" watch over a new Seamaster with the included warranty? Could you link me to the page with a 2k sale value? I'm finding that most of them are circa 2.8k.

It is definitely form over function, but it is a beautiful piece in the flesh nonetheless.

The opposite surely?

I've seen that in an AD, looks nice and smaller than the pics would suggest, but as above, far too busy. But that's Breitling for you.

Bit of a generalisation breitling have some pretty simple designs, Transocean and superocean amongst them

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a Seamaster Automatic 212.30.41.20.03.001 in the next few weeks with the ceramic insert but have been a bit thrown;

I've always been a massive fan of the Bond series watches and for a few hundred quid more can get a 2537.80.00 Bond ltd edition. As they're discontinued it will be around ten years old but fully authenticated and with a warranty (watchfinder). I do like the new face and the way the Omega branding is "raised" on the new edition but on the other hand, it's a Bond watch! I'm not overly convinced they should have lost the face waves either?

Both watches are circa 2.9k so it's not a cost thing. What would you recommend with regard to future value and longevity?

If you're keeping it forever as your only watch, buy what you like.

For future value, the standard one (in black) will be more sellable. The Bond editions are a bit marmite and the blue ones slightly less popular with people. The Bond "might" command a tiny premium with retailers but you're unlikely to realise that premium yourself.

If I was after a Seamaster it would be the latest ceramic black one. It looks amazing in the flesh.

Last edited:
can I ask where people buy there nato straps from? fancy trying one and was gonna ask my partner for an omega one for Christmas.

anyone own one of the omega natos? if they aren't worth it can someone recommend where I can get one like the image below

m9TfpH8l.png.jpg

I wouldn't, I think the new version with the ceramic bezel, double AR coating and glossy dial looks great - although I am biased.

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/omega-seamaster-300-m-chronometer-212-30-41-20-03-001.html

Price seems to have bumped gone up a little.

If you're keeping it forever as your only watch, buy what you like.

For future value, the standard one (in black) will be more sellable. The Bond editions are a bit marmite and the blue ones slightly less popular with people. The Bond "might" command a tiny premium with retailers but you're unlikely to realise that premium yourself.

If I was after a Seamaster it would be the latest ceramic black one. It looks amazing in the flesh.

Cheers guys, I'll be trying some on this Saturday.

can I ask where people buy there nato straps from? fancy trying one and was gonna ask my partner for an omega one for Christmas.

anyone own one of the omega natos? if they aren't worth it can someone recommend where I can get one like the image below

m9TfpH8l.png.jpg

I've bought a couple of straps from monkey swag. Not sure they have that exact one but they do have a good selection. Their NATOS are good value and quality, and the leather ones are decent too. I wouldn't bother with an omega one just yet, you may not like a nato and would have spent far more than the 8 or so quid you can pick a non omega one up for.

Back
Top Bottom