What watch do you wear?

Hmm, I could do with a new work watch. Keep buying cheap casios but I have my arms in and out of fresh and salt water all day and the straps keep breaking and then it's generally cheaper to buy a new watch than replace the strap, haha.

Any recommendations for something interesting under a hundred quid that'll take frequent salt immersion? Tend to prefer sterile/minimal dials and nothing too enormous. Not adverse to a nice homage but direct fakes are a bit naff.

Last edited:
Hmm, I could do with a new work watch. Keep buying cheap casios but I have my arms in and out of fresh and salt water all day and the straps keep breaking and then it's generally cheaper to buy a new watch than replace the strap, haha.

Any recommendations for something interesting under a hundred quid that'll take frequent salt immersion? Tend to prefer sterile/minimal dials and nothing too enormous. Not adverse to a nice homage but direct fakes are a bit naff.

seiko

My bracelet clasp is scratched up nicely now, the links have a few scratches too. I've just been saying sod it and wearing it when working on whatever, from boats to server cabinets to everything else.

Also it has to be said that in overcast light outdoors only, the difference between the shading of Titanium and the Steelinox parts of the clasp are visible. Never paid attention or noticed this before until recently when the sun has barely come out when I've been working outside. Not a big deal, just worth mentioning I guess.

It is what it is?!

not telling you! ;)
I don't want competition. :D

(it's the best one of the range)

Well I ordered one, second hand -- hope it wasn't the one you were looking at :-)

Evidenza Chrono, with bracelet... first second hand watch I buy, hope all goes well. The 'trusted checkout' is a good idea on Chono24, but what a pain having to wire the money!

My bracelet clasp is scratched up nicely now, the links have a few scratches too. I've just been saying sod it and wearing it when working on whatever, from boats to server cabinets to everything else.

Also it has to be said that in overcast light outdoors only, the difference between the shading of Titanium and the Steelinox parts of the clasp are visible. Never paid attention or noticed this before until recently when the sun has barely come out when I've been working outside. Not a big deal, just worth mentioning I guess.

It is what it is?!

you are giving me palpitations

i can barely take the stickers off my watches

you are giving me palpitations

i can barely take the stickers off my watches

I felt the same, but that phase has long passed now. I suppose mostly because it's a tool watch, so should be used as such, it's with me for life anyway and it will come back looking new after its first service anyway in years to come :o

I felt the same, but that phase has long passed now. I suppose mostly because it's a tool watch, so should be used as such, it's with me for life anyway and it will come back looking new after its first service anyway in years to come :o

true that

guess i dont have the same commitment to my watches, all bar one are subject to a flip at any time :o

Vostok Amphibia? Yes, the bias has kicked in after a week of ownership. They're cheap, reliable, accurate enough and waterproof. Stick a decent rubber strap on it and it'll last you years. Parts are dirt cheap if it ever breaks. The whole movement can be had for 20 quid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom