What watch do you wear?

Well I ordered one, second hand -- hope it wasn't the one you were looking at :-)

Evidenza Chrono, with bracelet... first second hand watch I buy, hope all goes well. The 'trusted checkout' is a good idea on Chono24, but what a pain having to wire the money!

Nope. still listed on the place where I might get it so we should be good. Care to take a photo?

J

Vostok Amphibia? Yes, the bias has kicked in after a week of ownership. They're cheap, reliable, accurate enough and waterproof. Stick a decent rubber strap on it and it'll last you years. Parts are dirt cheap if it ever breaks. The whole movement can be had for 20 quid.

Excellent suggestion. I've got one, it leaks :p

Might take a punt on another one though.

Edit, my leaky one is an old vintage one, I'd forgotten they'd started remaking them. Will have a look.

Where did you get yours from?

Last edited:
Excellent suggestion. I've got one, it leaks :p

Might take a punt on another one though.

Edit, my leaky one is an old vintage one, I'd forgotten they'd started remaking them. Will have a look.

Where did you get yours from?

Chap called zenitar on the bay. Well known in the watch community and even covers vostok warranties.

After a lot of time thinking about options finally caved in this week and took delivery of an Omega Speedmaster Pro today.

Figured anyone who's into their watches has to own one at some point and have to say I'm not disappointed - the classic design just works.

Had you not seen it in Spectre would you have disregarded a NATO like that as cheap nasty tat and not fitting for an expensive high end watch like a lot of people online? :p

So I went into London yesterday for a party and saw that Longines had a new flagship store opposite Selfridges, so I popped in for a viewing. I wanted to see the evidenza range for sizing. I wasn't exactly smartly dressed, long jacket, army backpack with sleeping bag on the side, flat cap, boots.... More of a homeless look tbh! The doorman certainly looked me up and down a few times before opening the door. Didn't bother me as it's understandable in that location.

Took a look at the watch, very nice. Then I showed them my grandfathers watch (on a previous page) and got offered a glass of champagne! In fact I had three of them! Every VIP feeling as I was the only one offered a glass in the store! Haha. Wasn't many people in anyway.

They asked me to come back into the store when it's back from refurbishment so they can take some more photos and post online.

Good day out! Got a photo of what I tried on so will post shortly.

@kiteloopy nice!

I have to say, I cracked and ordered an Evidenza on chrono24, should receive it this week with a bit of luck. There are very few pictures of them 'worn' on the interweb, but I love the look and the curved sapphire -- so well, worst case it doesn't suit my big arm and I have to resell it, but I hope not!

yea it was a nice supprise buserror.

here are the three I looked at.

IMG_2786.jpg

Has anyone had issues when buying online from Europe? I've just found an amazing deal on a Planet Ocean Titanium from a place that has very good reviews from multiple sources.

Also, does anyone have the 42mm flavour of the PO Liquid Metal Titanium that could post up some on wrist pictures please? My only concern is the thickness as it's 15.7mm and I'd be wearing it everyday.

Back
Top Bottom