What watch do you wear?

Watch_1844_1.jpg

debatable

they make some interesting watches and quality of materials is fine - the looks tend to be marmite

I know they refer to their movements by their own naming but some (certainly the chronos) are bought in. The co947 is a valjoux 7750 which I can buy as a movement for £200 ish - however, this is not uncommon and many of the big manufacturers effectively just case watches around eta/valjoux movements

They do tend to lose value very heavily so can be had as (relative) bargains second hand

edit: just had a look and the movement in the watch you like is an ETA 2893 rebranded - good movement but I would struggle to pay JLC money for a watch like that

Thanks for that Skidder, I would most definitely be looking at a second hand one, as you say, the RRP is pretty hefty on these!

Currently in 2 minds, I like the look of some VERY different watches, a Rolex Sea Dweller, or the more left wing of me wants to go for something more interesting like a Corum AC or IWC Pilots Chrono. Certainly, my budget wont allow me to go for a JLC I like at this time unfortunately. (I'll hopefully be buying in the US.. anyone have any experience of that?)

Ugh. Place I originally ordered from on Tuesday has messed me about and then only today told me they're awaiting stock and hope to send it out 'sometime next week' but can't be more specific until they receive stock and couldn't tell me that.

Reordered elsewhere and should hopefully get it on Tuesday/Wednesday at the latest. I want my new watch! :D

fancied something different - a non-analogue watch that was pretty indestructable, would fit under a shirt (its one of the slimest and smallest G-shocks) and that I could actually see properly at night

compared to other watches I've owned it feels ridiculously well built for a £50 watch

NOTE: not my photo - its one I found off FLICKR

Casio G-SHOCK 7710

I like the looks, the display is easy to read, the light comes on automatically (if you want) with a flick of the wrist, light only illuminates the digits, its surprsingly light, and the strap is very very comfortable

:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom