What watch do you wear?

Associate
Could anyone recommend a decent courier service when selling an expensive watch?

I understand RMSD is one possible option but I believe they only cover up to £2,500.

@Rotty I know you've probably bought and sold a few over the years! Has it always been collection only?

Make sure you check the exclusions in the T&Cs as I think watches are not covered.

I've used Secursus to insurer the watches I have sent in the post. However, an insurance company is only as good as their claims procedure and I've thankfully never had to go through that.

Associate
Read that as MkbHD lol

How are you guys liking the Coniston? I'm loving how it looks/gleams on a sunny day. Really classy but without being shouty?

sbyhvyl.jpg

Lovely indeed ;)

Still in love with my Oris Big Crown Pro Pilot X here :cool:

One question though, does anyone have a recommendation on how to best clean the titanium? I'm talking about "standard" cleaning here.

As mentioned before it's a fingerprints magnet and I've noticed that those prints tend to rapidly leave brownish marks on the titanium. Using water and a soft cloth to clean it at the moment but wondering if anyone has a recommendation when it comes to titanium?

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Lovely indeed ;)

Still in love with my Oris Big Crown Pro Pilot X here :cool:

One question though, does anyone have a recommendation on how to best clean the titanium? I'm talking about "standard" cleaning here.

As mentioned before it's a fingerprints magnet and I've noticed that those prints tend to rapidly leave brownish marks on the titanium. Using water and a soft cloth to clean it at the moment but wondering if anyone has a recommendation when it comes to titanium?

Water and soft cloth is really the best way, due to it being Ti and surface finished in a format that does gather fingerprints there is not much else you can do to avoid this really. I was regularly cleaning the Pelagos the same way. I even tried putting some of my car wax on it to add a layer of smudge protection but that only lasts a short while as everyday rubbing against cuffs and skin wears any coating you apply away!

Caporegime
The crystal on my Nighthawk has got pretty scratched up, can anyone recommend a place or someone in the UK that can upgrade it to sapphire? Apparently Citizen UK don't replace crystal -> sapphire anymore. :(

Soldato
Water and soft cloth is really the best way, due to it being Ti and surface finished in a format that does gather fingerprints there is not much else you can do to avoid this really. I was regularly cleaning the Pelagos the same way. I even tried putting some of my car wax on it to add a layer of smudge protection but that only lasts a short while as everyday rubbing against cuffs and skin wears any coating you apply away!
I have a thing for titanium, and have lots of things in ti alloys, finished in a variety of different ways. It sounds like yours has a blasted surface of some description - can you confirm?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I have a thing for titanium, and have lots of things in ti alloys, finished in a variety of different ways. It sounds like yours has a blasted surface of some description - can you confirm?
The Pelagos? I don't have that any more but it was a brushed almost satin finish which magnetised to anything moist touching it leaving marks including finger oils etc!

Edit*
Seen now that there is only 1 Casio Cognit Schema on sale from a guy in Japan. Price is £209 so I think the £95 I paid for mine was rather a superb deal :cool:

Gotta say it does look so good in the flesh. Yeah it's opaque blue/green but that's pretty much what makes it so unique/great too!

Last edited:
Soldato
The Pelagos? I don't have that any more but it was a brushed almost satin finish which magnetised to anything moist touching it leaving marks including finger oils etc!

Edit*
Seen now that there is only 1 Casio Cognit Schema on sale from a guy in Japan. Price is £209 so I think the £95 I paid for mine was rather a superb deal :cool:

Gotta say it does look so good in the flesh. Yeah it's opaque blue/green but that's pretty much what makes it so unique/great too!
Ah, no I meant that gorgeous Oris that so many of us have been drooling over. Any idea on the surface finish of the ti @Chewie?

Soldato
I came across the new Offshore releases from AP today and I'm really liking the green and blue versions. I just need a spare £34k to drop on a watch :(

50077073022_9b9463412d_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom