What Will You Do If Windows 12 Isn't Free?

Soldato
Soldato
Window 12 will be Win11+Ads and more telemetry + AI BS. I have started moving anything I can to Linux, will probably setup a VM for my work stuff that needs Windows.

Soldato
Window 12 will be Win11+Ads and more telemetry + AI BS. I have started moving anything I can to Linux, will probably setup a VM for my work stuff that needs Windows.

That might be the case for the home editions, but I can't see Windows Professional and Enterprise editions doing that - Corporates won't stand for it.

Associate
I think Windows becoming a subscription based OS would drive a few (possibly me) to Linux but i'm not sure enough would be capable of installing a new OS to make Microsoft concerned. The OCUK forum isn't your typical user base!

How would this work with pre built PC off the shelf? I assume Windows 12 would be free for x days then you need to activate it.

Soldato
Acer, Quanta, MSI, and Gigabyte will be very disappointed if it's only a beta as they're depending on it being released in order to spark significant sales of AI PCs.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Don't think I really need a home PC anymore.
If I had to use one for anything I'd probably use my work machine.

But really, apart from the odd game I don't really need a PC anymore

Back
Top Bottom