What’s your favourite toast topping?

Associate
My mates family used to have:

Toast, with tea poured over it with a sprinkling of sugar.

They all used to have it and love it, never heard of a thing like that before. Apparently it came from a generational thing in their family who hailed from Sunderland.
There are some weird people in this world

Soldato
My mates family used to have:

Toast, with tea poured over it with a sprinkling of sugar.

They all used to have it and love it, never heard of a thing like that before. Apparently it came from a generational thing in their family who hailed from Sunderland.
@mrk would be proud

Soldato
As others have said depends on the bread. Sourdough is amazing with just a bit of butter, real butter as my father would say, none of that spreadable ***** that has an oily taste.

Although it’s amazing with a bit of bacon and get it to soak up the bacon fat :cry:

Associate
Hope you enjoy it, please let me know your thoughts after a munch.
Depending on the tinned sardines I sometimes drain the oil or brine but if tomato I just leave it and add the scotch bonnet then mash it up.

Just tried it. Had them in oil but carried a little over and cheated a little using a scotch bonnet sauce instead of a fresh chilli. Had it on a slice of Focaccia also!

Very nice indeed!

Soldato
Grew up on it as my dad worked at Heinz in Park Royal, so free grubs! I used to eat the stuff raw out of the tin at one point :o

Chicken and Mushroom ftw!

Did your dad work on the combined Toast Toppers and Baby Food line, where he might have been tasked with pressing the packing machine lever for tins->topper or jar->baby food? ;)

Soldato
Did your dad work on the combined Toast Toppers and Baby Food line, where he might have been tasked with pressing the packing machine lever for tins->topper or jar->baby food? ;)
lol I used to eat the baby food too that he’d sometimes bring home. They had that cool pop lid thing! The food was rather sweet!

Also we’d get those Heinz sponge cakes that you could steam in a pot of boiling water.

Back
Top Bottom