What's your (most tenuous) claim to fame?

I met David Schwimmer in The Spotted Pig (a gastropub in Manhattan’s West Village). I stole a few of his fries too.

Also been inside Buckingham Palace (OBE awarded by Queen). There were press cameras present, so most likely somewhere in the back of a few news reports.

Last edited:
Caporegime
My Great-Great Uncle was Kit Calvert, without whom we may not have Wensleydale cheese. He bought the factory and saved the cheese from oblivion. His face used to be on the front of each cheese package. He used to smoke a long pipe and have a pet duck, whose leg was broken so he made it a splint.

I also know somebody who was a contestant on Come Dine With Me...

IS THAT THE same Calverts of Calverts Carpets?

Soldato
I've face scanned loads of famous actors for a computer game, over the Summer. Can't say any names yet...

One of the big names is revealed next month :) (and I can post the really awkward photo of me stood next to the person)

Associate
I was in the crowd for the cup final in "A Shot At Glory", including the Consigliere from the Godfather with the worst scottish accent ever.

My old man met Diana once, talked about the weather, and made a newspaper.

06gRIxR.jpg

Associate
I used to live in the flat below Jamie Oliver and his wife, Jools.

When I met her for the first time, she was sitting on the steps of the house with one of the babies (apple blossom elderberrry farnsworth) or whatever.

I introduced myself "hi, I'm Tony" to which she replied "Tiny?" to which I replied while looking down, "not last time I checked"

She made an awkwards noise got up and walked off which I thought was rude.... It was only as I was walking down the road away from the house that it hit me square in between the eyes... She thought I was talking about my penis.

I simply was referring to the fact I was 6ft tall and festively plump. NOT about the size of my johnson.

Suspended
My dad was drinking buddies with Phil Daniels. One of our best friends was in Blackadder. I was kissed on the cheek as a baby by Princess Di. I've been a chaperone for Malcolm Rifkind. I've met both Blair and Putin. I've had a drink up with Pat Murray who played Micky Pearce in only fools and horses. And the most painful incident is being blasted in the face with a football by Andrei Kanchelskis.

Best one though is Mark Strong used to rent the downstairs flat in our North London house. Very nice bloke indeed.

Last edited:
Soldato
I once offered DCI Burnside (The Bill) a cuppa while working in a small gallery in Soho :o Seemed a nice enough bloke fwiw.
He declined... Can't blame him, going by the state of the kitchen in there tbh.

Also played footy with Robbie Williams and some guy from M People in Primrose Hill.

Last edited:
Soldato
Met and had my photo taken with Dennis Wise, ex-footballer, yesterday.

Other than that, met Mr Motivator at an event in a WHSmith in some shopping centre on the outskirts of London years ago. :cool:

Associate
Spoke to the guy that played Harold Bishop in Neighbours when I was a kid. He came into the dental practice where my dad worked as he'd chipped a tooth while doing panto. :D

Soldato
My mum nearly got run over by the Queen's horses in 1976 at Hyde park corner. Apparently, one of the horsemen shouted "Watch yourself, my dear!" and the Queen turned round and looked at her through the back window of the carriage with a horrified expression.

Back
Top Bottom