What's your (most tenuous) claim to fame?

Associate
I walked pas Bobby Ball in Newport years ago, I ddnt say anything but he looked like the night before was taking its toll!

J.T

J.T

Soldato
I was in a pub in Wimbledon many moons ago with a bunch of friends and Jimmy White just sat next to us at our table right out of the Blue and proceeded to try and chat up my Girlfriend.

He was as ****ed a fart and it was all very funny, my girlfriend laughed it off and I just felt a bit sorry for him. :)

Man of Honour
Met Barry Sheene back in the 70s and again in the early 80s.
Then 3 years ago his wife Stephanie McLean(Penthouse Pet of the Month for April 1970 and Pet of the Year in 1971)
liked some of my pictures and started following me on Instagram.

I'm in the background on some of the shots filmed for the 70s film Silver dream racer, when they filmed at Donington park.
I can also be seen in the old motorcycle TV series called Kickstart, which again was filmed at Donington park in the 70s.

Ive been on a few motor racing videos over the years in the crowd and in the paddocks mainly when filming was taking place. I am on 3 videos I have of ETCC and Group C racing back in the 80's

Soldato
My dad knew Norman Wisdom quite well.

I got nothing really.

I did get "letter of the month" in a computer magazine many years ago. Funny thing was they printed my letter the previous month too, but then they obviously decided it was so good it had to printed again and made letter of month. Or....they only had a couple of letters.....and figured nobody would notice :(

Soldato
Ive had a couple of pints with Gazza when he was player/manager for Boston United.... he really is a self obsessed alchy
Had a drink with Norman Cook (Fatboy Slim) after he played at my old Student Union, whilst i was working there.
Also met Vernon Kay at my SU again and yes he really is a big of a *** as everyone thinks.
Finally i was in the audience for the really wild show when i was really young and have a photo of me and Terry Nutkins

Soldato
I once had (probably, can't remember) a really weird conversation with Mark Lamarr whilst i was "off my face" at a festival years ago. He was also at least very hungover.
I should have an awful photo somewhere, but it clearly shows my state of mind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom