What's your (most tenuous) claim to fame?

Soldato
I sold Noel Edmonds a toffee crisp once

And I own Yuri Gagarin's CCCP broach that he had with him on the first manned space flight.

I helped set up the control room for the ATLAS experiment at the LHC at CERN, which you see in most of the news articles whenever they make a new discovery

Soldato
Had a beer in my old local with Leicester City Legend Steve Walsh and team mate Steve Thompson.

The then Stoke Manager Tony Pulis kindly opened the door for me at the Offices of Bet365 when I was there for an interview.

Caporegime
Tipped a coffee over William Stobart a few years back (accident boss!) :o

Had a very short chat with Sir Clive Sinclair, the conversation ended when I told him my BBC micro was better than the QL :p

Waved at David Gilmour whilst passing him in my (well, Mr Stobart's,mentioned above) truck.

Soldato
My grandad was a personal body guard to Field Marshall Kesselring at the war crime trials in Venice. He taught my grandad how to play chess.

Associate
I sat in a cinema on a boat back from France with Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and his family.

Also (and less tenuous) I worked at the Invinctus games and met Prince Harry.

Soldato
My Great-Great Uncle was Kit Calvert, without whom we may not have Wensleydale cheese. He bought the factory and saved the cheese from oblivion. His face used to be on the front of each cheese package. He used to smoke a long pipe and have a pet duck, whose leg was broken so he made it a splint.

I also know somebody who was a contestant on Come Dine With Me...

Soldato
Had a 30min mini series ep all to myself.... Called Cert 18 ( 12 years ago). Following "interesting" 18 year olds in their daily life. I worked with young offenders and was also boxing, so they picked me!

Couldn't complain... £500 and 3 days off work :D

Back
Top Bottom