What's your (most tenuous) claim to fame?

Man of Honour
Dion Dublin was close to being a neighbour few years back, Kevin Phillips was...though that is real tenuous as there was a field between our houses :)

Associate
Oh I forgot my worst 'celebrity' meeting. When I was 12/13 I was unfortunate enough to meet Colin Montgomerie after a pretty disastrous round at Wentworth. Not only would he not sign anything he also got stroppy and told us to **** off. Top bloke.

Soldato
I know Lord Varys from Game of Thrones - have had pints with him a few times. Even got a lift home a few years ago. Lovely guy in real life.

Also at one point in time had a mobile number for David O'Hara - played the mad irish dude in Braveheart was in a TV program called The District, played Fitzy in The Departed. He seemed like a pretty cool guy, was meant to call/text next time I was going to be in glasgow and if he was about we could party - probably got fake numbered to be fair but never had the guts to use it.

Man of Honour
I met Tom Kerridge and Huey from the fun loving criminals few weeks back at a small gallery opening in London. Tom was making food, Huey DJ'ing

Soldato
Met Freddie Flintoff and a few other of the england cricket team smashed in a lift in Dubai, he gave us some pizza, nice bloke.

Stared at Fiona Bruces arse in Afghanistan while she was getting a coffee, didn't even realise it was her till afterwards. Day later pushed her out of the way by accident at a gate, with her full media team and seior management following :/

Soldato
Met Freddie Flintoff and a few other of the england cricket team smashed in a lift in Dubai, he gave us some pizza, nice bloke.

Stared at Fiona Bruces arse in Afghanistan while she was getting a coffee, didn't even realise it was her till afterwards. Day later pushed her out of the way by accident at a gate, with her full media team and seior management following :/

You are also Freddie Mercurys love child, you didn't mention that?! :p

Man of Honour
Met Peter Stringfellow (in his club) few weeks back and came over to introduce himself and the bloke who used to play Gail Tisley's lad (chris someone) was a VIP guest welcomer type thing so met him too.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The lady of the manor house 500 yards from where I type this, who sadly passed away last year, was close to the Royal Family, often entertained the Queen mother and was the god parent of Prince Edward...who turned up for her funeral 200 yards from where I type this last year.

Man of Honour
My mate asked Blur to come around for breaky after a gig to our friends student digs in Leeds years back as she fancied Damon.....and next morning there was a knock at the door and there was Blur for breaky.

Man of Honour
I was in Dublin couple of years back and John Mayer was gigging and staying at my hotel. After the gig I was having a beer in the bar when he pitches up with his 'crew' many of who were recognised I knew but could not name....because I am so out of touch but my college was getting excited.

Associate
My old band was featured as part of a boxing entourage that was shown in the run up to the heavy weight title a few years ago, shown globally. The shame has never left me.

Had lunch with Journey, with europe and black sabbath sitting next to me. Met various famous musicians over the years and became friends with a few of them.

Will stop now.

Associate
Flirted with a women in a well known MMO who turned out to be quite well known on TV. Can't say anymore or she'll kill me :p

Met Bodger and Badger - plus he was a friend of my school teacher at the time.

Back
Top Bottom