What's your (most tenuous) claim to fame?

Soldato
My wife's best friends father (who I have met many times) was a background extra in the nightclub scene of Get Carter.

That is the most tenuous one I can think of :)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I have a couple of fairly tenuous ones i can just about cling to :p

• John Madejski once broke down in my street in his Jaguar XJ220 at about 8am just as we were leaving for school once. I didnt know who he was at the time but an XJ220 looked rather amazing back then (90s) to a school aged me.
  • My grandparents sold their house to Midge Ure from Ultravox (A large farm house near bath)
  • One of my parents neighbours surnames is Dench, relation to Dame Judi. Judi has been known to visit.

Man of Honour
My dad was at school with Mervyn and Spencer Windwood, Martin Shaw from the professionals and Mike Mckay the BBC reporter

Man of Honour
I met Senna 3 times, had coffee with Derek Bell and have made loads of GP drivers over the years. Have a few mates who were top racers in the past. Met Gilles as a kid too and Manfred Winklehock and Bellof shorty before their tragic deaths.

Soldato
I've been on TV twice as a kid.

Playing tennis I regularly used to beat a guy (several years my junior) who I believe then went on to be good pals and a sparring partner with Andy Murray. Sadly I never came up against the big man himself.

Played hockey against Prince Wils at Uni, he wasn't very good ;)

Man of Honour
Had lunch with Tim Harvey and sat chatting with him during a red flag at Oulton when he was racing Supercup in the same team as my friend.

Man of Honour
My mates group supported Inspiral Carpets who promptly stole the takings at Stafford Poly years back. We chased their bus and threw stuff at it.

Soldato
3 things that I can think of just now.

I was in the background of the tv program macgregor across Scotland when I was a kid and he was in brechin doing a piece on the railway there.

At uni I walked past Gordon sherry at my uni halls who at the time was still an amateur golfer touted as the UK s next big thing at the time tiger woods broke through. halls

And finally I was on the train at Edinburgh and dawn Steele who was an actress on monarch of the Glen was standing next to me. We smiled at each other but I probably had a puzzled look on my face thinking you're dawn Steele aren't you!

Associate
I saw Steven Gerrard in Tesco, then a few weeks later sold his bird a DVD player where I worked.
My stepdad went to school with David something from Heartbeat, I sold him an iron too.

I met and had a decent chat with Tiff Needell

That's it :p

I met and had a decent chat with Tiff Needell in Boscastle Cornwall, we walked for about 20 mins with his wife and kids.

Allen Davis MP came to look at buying my house!:D

Last edited:
Soldato
I cooked for, and met the hairy bikers earlier this year.

Sir Patrick Moore stayed at a hotel i was working at.

Duncan Bannatyne walked around a kitchen i was working in and i didn't recognise him.

I've cooked for Jet off the gladiators

I've waited on (served) Gary Pallister

We were taking the pee out of Tyrone out of Coronation street once when we were kids, he was in front of us on the escalator in trafford centre outside Namco station.

Man of Honour
I was in a gym some years ago on my own when Hammond and Butler Henderson were making a promotional video (Hoar Cross Hall) and struck me as giggling eejits as I recall.

Man of Honour
Seen loads of faces on trains over the years. Shared a table with a few over the years too including Ali McCoist, Richard and Judy, their daughter, Eamon Holmes and his wife, Abby Clancy and many others.

Man of Honour
I sat with 3 of the Bangles on a plane. 2 beside me and 1 over the isle. Luckily Suzzane Hoffs was there and she is still lovely but really tiny

Associate
Had a scrap with a England international when we was about 14 , hit him with a broom haha

Also another fight when about 16 with a Wales international ,rugby league player, at school this was playground fight !!

Was working backstage at O2 London and needed a light , just asked a randomer turned out to be Skepta , not a fan Got told later .

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I designed some pedals and gear shifter for the Xk8 many years ago, these where then used on the James Bond film die another day on the baddies cars, when there racing across the ice I get a whole 3 seconds of close ups of my work in a James Bond film :)

Back
Top Bottom