What's your (most tenuous) claim to fame?

Soldato
I recently had a photo with Hello Kitty.
I am related (somehow) to a BBC TV weatherman from the 90's.
My father helped design the nose on the Concord.
My aunt/uncle used to live and work in the an old residence of Nelson.
I used to live next to a Page 3 girl.

Soldato
Heather Graham once rented a bike from me in Vancouver.

My brother in law used to be friends with Jenson Button, but they fell out when Jensen's girlfriend slept with my BIL when Jenson was away racing.

I once talked to Martin Brundle about his penis girth. I also told Jason Plato to stop running around our restaurant :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I went to school with a chap who is currently the president of a well known games company.

I also went to school with a fellow that most of us would know from the tv show Rome.

One of my mothers cousins, is a well known soprano in the west end

Sure there's some other random stuff I could think of.. but I'm tired, and sick, and blah

Soldato
I have two 'famous' relatives. Well, one famous and the other infamous.

The infamous one worked for MI5 and decided to take a few documents home with him and then tried to hawk them to the KGB. After being grassed up by the MI6 double agent Oleg Gordievsky, who at the time worked with the KGB General who was head of station, he was jailed for 25 years or so.

The famous one is a pretty well known movie actor, and like his surnamesake (is that even a word?) above has recently come out as red too. His wife ain't bad either.

Soldato
Shook hands with Sean Bean on Wembley Way in 1992, my dad sat next to his dad at Bramall Lane (Sheffield United) for years. I was only 7, had no idea who he was and little did I know, I met Ned Stark. :D

Was in the crowd for the filming of "When Saturday Comes" at Bramall Lane, again, Sean Bean.

Soldato
Got a picture I drew shown on some kids TV show, can't remember which. There wasn't a prize :(

Same year was on BBC news, sitting on a wall with a mate watching police forensic crews taking stuff out of a pretty grim murder scene around the corner from where I grew up (murder/suicide of a well respected couple).

Some months later was pictured on an ITV program pointing at a zebra in Edinburgh Zoo.

At 17 I got man handled by Gail Porter's security dude, didn't even know who she was at the time, was trying to get from A to B and her entourage were passing.

Katie Price (in Jordan mode iirc) bought me a pint, she thought she knocked mine over (it wasn't mine but she wouldn't have any of it).

Briefly met David Seamen. In a hotel lift, I recognised him as soon as the doors opened, also recognised he was in a CBA mood. Gave a quick "morning", to which he replied, and rode the lift down in silence.

Think that's about it

Man of Honour
Heather Graham once rented a bike from me in Vancouver.

My brother in law used to be friends with Jensen Button, but they fell out when Jensen's girlfriend slept with my BIL when Jensen was away racing.

I once talked to Martin Brundle about his penis girth. I also told Jason Plato to stop running around our restaurant :D

My dad and I were joined by Button and his old girlfriend Louise on a tour of Sunseakers boats at the London boat show years back. She was fit.

Soldato
I drank a bottle of Jager with Ben Shepherd
Spent the day with Dame Judi last year
Had a pint with James Corden
I have served Jude Law at a BBQ several times

Man of Honour
On holiday in Tuscany, gorgeous small hotel who's 3 guests were me and my wife, lead singer and drummer from Deep Purple and their other halves. They were playing in Florence.

Underboss
I bumped into Gary Lineker in Sunningdale for the Ladies Open a few years back. Wasn't looking where I was walking as I was watching a tee shot and knocked into each other. Took me a couple of seconds to register is was him, he said hello and hope I was enjoying the day.

I have locked up most of the main guys from So Solid Cru.

Told Princess Anne that it wasn't the Prison cat she has just been but a huge rat. Her Security team found it amusing, her less so but she was pretty chilled.

Whilst working at Heathrow I was refuelling an A320 to Belfast and stepped onto the gangway to get onboard to see the pilot and tapped some big lass on the arm and asked her if she could move and let me past, it was Fern Britton before the weight loss.

Had a chat with Brendan Gleeson in T1 when all the planes were delayed due to fog, I was in Starbucks and he was behind me. Nice chap

Back
Top Bottom