When are you going fully electric?

saloon aeros - id7 aero and it's new drivetrain is matching tesla model3 efficiency 280W/m @ 66mph - 3.6m/kwh

I find BatteryLife a bit hit/miss with his methods, note he was using report SoC in both, not energy put in to battery (normally you start at 100% at the charger, do a long run, go back to the charger and top back up to 100% and use that).. not all SoC is linear.

What Car did a much longer trip with the ID.7 / BYD Seal and Model 3 and the Model 3 had notably better consumption.. They followed it up by doing a more controlled test, the Model 3 was still more efficient b y a fair margin, and even taking in to account other tests showing Model 3 SR to Model 3 LR, it's still ahead.

Last edited:
saloon aeros - id7 aero and it's new drivetrain is matching tesla model3 efficiency 280W/m @ 66mph - 3.6m/kwh

At what temps? I can’t even be bothered to watch the video

I’ve just done 100 miles in my cupra not trying at 77-80 and did 3.5m/kWh.

Great car. Feels so smooth after that Kia soul. I really rate the MEB platform and the cupra guys did a great job on the suspension

Last edited:
The Dacia Spring being launched officially in a few weeks looks like it’ll add some innovation to the EV sector
  • Range : 130 miles
  • Power : 65 bhp
  • Weight : 985kg
  • Price : around £20k

One for the the many people asking “where are the lightweight, cheap and low powered EV’s” for the last few years!

Last edited:

He should have compared with the Tesla standard range, the Tesla LR is 4wd, 4.2s to 60 and 400Hp+ so a false equivalence. It's interesting how virtually every review has the Tesla being significantly more efficient.

Last edited:
The 44hp version is going to be dangerously slow
I disagree. it's only because we have been spoilt with high performance cars. 44bhp should be more than enough for 60mph.
my mates mum had a Citroen 2cv back in the day as a family car. I can't remember exactly and am not gonna cheat with Google but I think it was only about 30bhp

edit I just googled. my friends camper van which they have travelled all over the UK in and even been to France is apparently a whopping 47HP.

Last edited:
I disagree. it's only because we have been spoilt with high performance cars. 44bhp should be more than enough for 60mph.
my mates mum had a Citroen 2cv back in the day as a family car. I can't remember exactly and am not gonna cheat with Google but I think it was only about 30bhp

edit I just googled. my friends camper van which they have travelled all over the UK in and even been to France is apparently a whopping 47HP.
The 95hp Ibiza I had the other day as a courtesy car was bad enough. You aren’t going very far anyway as the 44hp version has no DC charging.

0-60 of 20 seconds ! Good luck joining fast moving traffic off a slip road. A camper van isn’t really compatible as other drivers expect them to struggle.

Last edited:
The 95hp Ibiza I had the other day as a courtesy car was bad enough. You aren’t going very far anyway as the 44hp version has no DC charging.

0-60 of 20 seconds ! Good luck joining fast moving traffic off a slip road. A camper van isn’t really compatible as other drivers expect them to struggle.

Agreed, I had a 1.5 diesel Qashqai that tried to kill me many times joining a motorway. That thing was a true give up on life car. I also have driven an iX20 automatic 1.4 and it is also quite a danger joining a fast moving motorway as it simply cannot reach 50 let alone 70 by the time you run out of slip road.

Both of those had 13 or so seconds 0 to 60 and merging into fast traffic is a danger.

I had a 1.5 diesel QQ. I even came to it after a 300bhp nissan 350Z.
don't get me wrong it was no performance car but I hauled 5 adults in it (when I had to... it wasn't great at that), but truly if you can't drive one of those safely even pulling onto a motorway you have no place on the road. it is absolutely fine (if du ll as dishwater)
I only got rid of it 8 months ago after 8 years of driving it so it's recent experience I have as well.

if anyone wants to argue that cars with under 100bhp are crap, dull and they don't want to drive them, well that is subjective and is fair enough.... but dangerous? come on! it's only recently that cars routinely have huge amounts of power. for years people drove (and still do drive) incredibly low power cars .

unless you are trying to overtake on single carriageway roads (which is something faster cars are safer at and is something sometimes you have to accept you just can't do in a slow car) its not a problem.

Last edited:
My first ever car was a Peugeot 206 1.1 with 60hp which was mostly ok but as soon as the road went uphill couldn’t maintain a speed above about 55mph lol

I do wonder what 44hp will feel like in a heavier car

I had a 1.5 diesel QQ. I even came to it after a 300bhp nissan 350Z.
don't get me wrong it was no performance car but I hauled 5 adults in it (when I had to... it wasn't great at that), but truly if you can't drive one of those safely even pulling onto a motorway you have no place on the road. it is absolutely fine (if du ll as dishwater)
I only got rid of it 8 months ago after 8 years of driving it so it's recent experience I have as well.
Oh I didn’t know you were one of those people.

No one said they couldn’t drive them safely. I just like to have a escape route via acceleration as well as braking in a car

Last edited:
Oh I didn’t know you were one of those people.

No one said they couldn’t drive them safely. I just like to have a escape route via acceleration as well as braking in a car
one of those people? lol. yes I am one of those people who understands words like "danger" or "dangerously slow" .
crap is not the same as dangerous. (truth is I wouldn't even say our QQ was crap... just boring.

many of us (myself included) are spoiled by having cars which are totally in excess of what is actually needed.

all that said.... whilst I support the notion that cheaper EVs are needed and I think a 60bhp car with hopefully sensible insurance is great .... 130mile range for a 20k car is still a hard sell I think.
brand new cars fetch a premium and arguably comparing a 2 year old car price to new is not fair.... but. other than perhaps a really cheap lease, I think persuading someone to buy one of them new for 20k will be a really hard sell when they could buy a 2 year old ID3 or a 3 year old model 3 for the same price.

Last edited:
44bhp is somewhat different to the “under 100bhp”
it's extreme and I don't see many being sold in this country other than ones which will never leave the city. but I was mostly responding to someone who said their nissan QQ or 1.4l small car was dangerous . but even so. you drive to the limitations of your car. so long as it can do 60mph it should be ok to drive safely if not an enjoyable experience
I can't remember what was the performance of the twizzy? that was a lot lighter but was only about 15hp.

Last edited:
it's extreme and I don't see many being sold in this country other than ones which will never leave the city. but I was mostly responding to someone who said their nissan QQ or 1.4l small car was dangerous . but even so. you drive to the limitations of your car. so long as it can do 60mph it should be ok to drive safely if not an enjoyable experience
I can't remember what was the performance of the twizzy? that was a lot lighter but was only about 15hp.
I didn’t comment on how popular. I said 44hp is dangerous then you start talking about a car with twice the power.

One of those who thinks other drivers are terrible as they said a low power car in dangerous on todays roads. To your point everyone else has cars that can accelerate out of trouble. Why be the one who can’t

Twizzy would go no where near the motorway either.

Many vans, trucks, buses and lorries do 0-60 much slower than 20 seconds - are they dangerous too? /shrug.

I imagine people choosing this will be doing the majority of their driving in a city, where full throttle and travelling over 30mph is impossible.

Back
Top Bottom