When are you going fully electric?

I didn’t comment on how popular. I said 44hp is dangerous then you start talking about a car with twice the power.
for goodness sake I didn't "start" talking about a car with twice the power I responded to ICDP who's post my reply was directly below who bought up the QQ and an ix20.
I haven't driven an ix20 but have possibly done more miles in a 1.5 diesel QQ the exact car ICDP bought up than any other car I have driven.

Last edited:
Many vans, trucks, buses and lorries do 0-60 much slower than 20 seconds - are they dangerous too? /shrug.

I imagine people choosing this will be doing the majority of their driving in a city, where full throttle and travelling over 30mph is impossible.
precisely! choose the right tool for the right job
mind you I wouldn't be one of those people who never leaves the city but owns a range rover or a hummer despite having maybe one kid either. (sorry probably a bit of an unfair stereotype there!)

Last edited:
Many vans, trucks, buses and lorries do 0-60 much slower than 20 seconds - are they dangerous too? /shrug.

I imagine people choosing this will be doing the majority of their driving in a city, where full throttle and travelling over 30mph is impossible.
They have the power to beat air though.

Drive in a city and never use the accelerator and only brake to get about. I can assure you it’s hard work than not having power on tap (Class2 HGV license here so speaking from experience not idle musing).

In fact I imagine it’s not much different to turtle mode in an EV when they are power limited. Part of the appeal of an EV is that instant acceleration …

When you ordering yours then SDK ?

Last edited:
Just people seem to be jumping up to defend them but they have no intention to buy one.

the colour Black is black

The fiat multipla CNG is the lowest power at 92hp. Not sure why this is relevant. We weren’t talking about its cosmetic appearance rather its place on the road as a new car in 2024. Like said the ‘extreme’ version will probably be the most popular with the rare CCS and massive 30kW charge speed.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t mind if EV makers target “sensible” vehicles for mass market rather than every iteration trying to increase the power. I mean 350/450/700/900HP are fun machines clearly but why are majority of EV models do 0-60 like a performance car.

On the other hand - the Dacia spring - 50hp and 0-60 20s which is just lol.

Last edited:
Just people seem to be jumping up to defend them but they have no intention to buy one.

the colour Black is black

The fiat multipla CNG is the lowest power at 92hp. Not sure why this is relevant. We weren’t talking about its cosmetic appearance rather its place on the road as a new car in 2024. Like said the ‘extreme’ version will probably be the most popular with the rare CCS and massive 30kW charge speed.
sorry i was trying to inject a bit of light hearted banter (hence the smiley) ... my bad! i shall leave you to it then!..

Last edited:

Missed this yesterday… ID7 estate. Could be interesting

Damn, that's nice! Going to be £60k+ though :(

I just want something a bit bigger than the MG5 (which is pretty small for an estate) around the £35-45k range...

all that said.... whilst I support the notion that cheaper EVs are needed and I think a 60bhp car with hopefully sensible insurance is great .... 130mile range for a 20k car is still a hard sell I think.

Quite... I paid just over £20k for my ZE40 with "186" miles range 5 years ago...

If that 130 miles is WLTP, then realistically you're looking at ~80 miles real world in winter, if that meets your needs then you'd be better spending 1/4 of that 20k on a 22kw Zoe!

Last edited:
What's all this talk about 44bhp being dangerous?

My first car was a 1977 Mini Clubman 1100, pushing out 45bhp and 57lb ft when new (definitely less when 10 years old!).. 0-100kmh was 16.1 seconds.. it was not remotely dangerous if driven within the performance limitations of the car..

These days speed limits are lowering, people are driving slower to save fuel, a 44bhp electric car probably could make sense to city only commuters..

What doesn't make sense in this specific case is its price.. 44BHP for £16K, that makes it exceedingly expensive for what is a 'city only car' car.. so on that basis, I'd be well and truly out..

It's like the Silence S04, that looked like a great little city only commuter car.. and plenty of people in work seemed interested until they found out it was £16k.. that wouldn't even do 60mph.

I'm probably missing the point here, is that 44BHP, 20s to 60 and 78mph top speed is just too much at odds with modern cars?

initially gotta hope the uk fleet drivers still want estates/saloons ....I'd thought the passat estate market was predominately De.

johnny - 9C I thought it said on linked page for 3.6m/kwh id7 which seemed an appropriate uk measure

I want an EX30 or XC40E, badly. Even more so having driven a Polestar 2.

I think we will keep our i3 even if we do get one. The i3 has been a game-changer, I love it way too much.

That declared I need the other ICE cars in the garage and we also have a diesel daily (I'd love to swap for a Petrol). EVs feel more like an option and a good addition vs. the answer to all transport needs.

Before the massive hikes in electricity prices, we saved a fortune vs. switching from a Q5 TFSI to the i3. Now we have it because we genuinely love it and it meets our needs so well.

initially gotta hope the uk fleet drivers still want estates/saloons ....I'd thought the passat estate market was predominately De.
its probably my ignorance, so if so please educate me (genuinely)

but i have never seen the value in saloon cars... what advantage do they have over a hatchback?. Estates and hatchbacks just seem so much more practical for the same footprint.

that said mild hypocrisy coming up because i did own a couple of coupes........ but that was purely because i loved the car and had it despite the pointless reduction in practicality.

so is that the main reason? some people prefer the looks of a saloon or is there some advantage that a saloon has in some areas over a hatch or estate?

Last edited:

johnny - 9C I thought it said on linked page for 3.6m/kwh id7 which seemed an appropriate uk measure
Why do you hope. I don’t see the reason for your personal perceived preference.

Is it just for the exciting Bjorn content you like to post?

Last edited:
agree. Saloons are compromised too much with the battery affecting interior height. An i4 feels much smaller than my e92 inside due to this.

I had a 1.5 diesel QQ. I even came to it after a 300bhp nissan 350Z.
don't get me wrong it was no performance car but I hauled 5 adults in it (when I had to... it wasn't great at that), but truly if you can't drive one of those safely even pulling onto a motorway you have no place on the road. it is absolutely fine (if du ll as dishwater)
I only got rid of it 8 months ago after 8 years of driving it so it's recent experience I have as well.

if anyone wants to argue that cars with under 100bhp are crap, dull and they don't want to drive them, well that is subjective and is fair enough.... but dangerous? come on! it's only recently that cars routinely have huge amounts of power. for years people drove (and still do drive) incredibly low power cars .

unless you are trying to overtake on single carriageway roads (which is something faster cars are safer at and is something sometimes you have to accept you just can't do in a slow car) its not a problem.

lol, a bit touchy are we? No need to doubt my driving skill because I dared to insult one of the blandest give up on life cars ever released. There were multiple times I had to drop two or three gears getting onto a motorway after a short slip road. So I stand by my dangerous comment, at least relative to any car with even mediocre performance. Or when overtaking at 60 you absolutely had to drop a gear or two to make the overtake safe unless the road behind was clear for miles. I remember timing it once to see how long it took to accelerate from 60 to 70 in top gear and it was 13 seconds.

The iX20 is even more dangerous because it is an automatic and very slow/reluctant to drop down a gear. I now know why some of those old dears sit at the end of a slip road like they are giving way. The truth is their 1.1 petrol automatic just ran out of slip road and they had to stop or die :D

Last edited:
agree. Saloons are compromised too much with the battery affecting interior height. An i4 feels much smaller than my e92 inside due to this.

That specific car isn’t a ground up EV so it’s going to have a few more packaging compromises than those which are in terms of how it uses its volume. It’s still a very good car though.

Last edited:
That specific car isn’t a ground up EV so it’s going to have a few more packaging compromises than those which are in terms of how it uses its volume. It’s still a very good car though.
The battery is always going to be taller than 1.2mm of sheet steel though

Back
Top Bottom