When are you going fully electric?

Something to compete against id7 - polestar descendant to the classic volvo estate;
vw nonetheless stolen a march, but polestar will at least know if there is a resurgence for estate demand

e: jeez zeekr007 saloon already weighs 2.5tonnes needs a wegovy diet like model3 - can't the chinese domestic market afford special lightweight steels.

Last edited:
Something to compete against id7 - polestar descendant to the classic volvo estate;
vw nonetheless stolen a march, but polestar will at least know if there is a resurgence for estate demand

e: jeez zeekr007 saloon already weighs 2.5tonnes needs a wegovy diet like model3 - can't the chinese domestic market afford special lightweight steels.

Not exactly like for like size wise though are they? or range? The r007 mainly weighs so much as its range is 540 miles vs the model3 260 miles. If polestar wanted to go after the tesla 3 market then they would have made the car smaller and put half the battery size in..........

An EV estate which looks half decent which can do 540 miles will sell well as it satisfy a lot of people with range anxiety who havent swapped yet.

Last edited:
The range numbers are CLTC which is more made up than WLTP.

The Model 3 has a CTLC range of 713km or something daft like that. The car above must have a pretty significant battery pack in it to be hitting 870km, I’d guess in the region of 95+kwh.

Last edited:

What you mean like the new german electric g wagon , coming in at 3085kg.

Last edited:
Not exactly like for like size wise though are they? or range? The r007 mainly weighs so much as its range is 540 miles vs the model3 260 miles.
I was partially comparing against the id7 for range - another estate and that goes up to 87kwh apparently,
but for both 007 & id7 - tesla put their weight to shame ...
after posting I wondered if that is more the gigacasting that is helping for teslas (Y more so) weight - but teslas opposition have some catching up to do,
and just adding 'cheap' additional batteries doesn't help the handling of the behemoth.

Last edited:
The thing is nobody is going to want these cars as range is increasing at a rapid pace and people know this. Even buying used now you are going to lose a tonne of money. 10 year old Nissan Leafs are going for banger money.

Cars are almost becoming throwaway items now but I can understand that will happen until the technology starts to plateau.

People aren't mugs however and the only people sane enough to "buy" EV's are through salary sacrifice.

I understand that buying a new car never makes financial sense but when new cars are costing 50+ grand now the depreciation is just impossible to stomach for the private buyer and leasing is just impossible for most with the way rates are.

This whole EV adoption thing couldn't have come at a worse time being after COVID and whole western world Bankrupt.

The UK could benefit more from Cheap Chinese cars as our manufacturing sector is tiny. Let them flood the market and then the western Legacy manufacturers can either adapt or die.

Last edited:
I was partially comparing against the id7 for range - another estate and that goes up to 87kwh apparently,
but for both 007 & id7 - tesla put their weight to shame ...
after posting I wondered if that is more the gigacasting that is helping for teslas (Y more so) weight - but teslas opposition have some catching up to do,
and just adding 'cheap' additional batteries doesn't help the handling of the behemoth.
Sound proofing is heavy I guess

May, or may be not of interest to some..

Watched, what a load of garbage, comparing the trade in price of a 1 year old vehicle with 10k miles on it in 2023 (some had just come out and would have been more new) to the same car at 1 year old today with 10k miles on it this year. Who in this world sells a car after 1 year? They haven't taken the 'new available' price into account for both years, only the RRP, and the comparisons with the alternate power of most models wasn't the same, and again no comparison of new costs.

To sum it up, don't waste your time watching it if you haven't already. If the new cost drops, the used cost is going to, D'OH!

I got a bit of grief a while ago for saying EV's are the Betamax equivalent, but I still stand by it, only more so nowadays (and nothing to do with the vid I posted).
Didn’t listen back then so not gonna now either… just post a video you made no analysis of yourself.

If you thought you were adding value I’m afraid you had beta max out disappointed.

A lot of people do, why is this confusing to you?

Sure, loads of people buy a brand new car and bin it after one year. No those people lease and are not going to be affected in anywhere near the same terms as this would be suggesting. Also if you can afford to buy a brand new car and sell it after a year, then you aren't going to car about the depreciation at all, or sorry lots of people do. Am I doing it right?

Back
Top Bottom