When are you going fully electric?

I disagree you see plenty of ICE cars at similar age to a Nissan Leaf still commanding decent money because they still have plenty of life in them.

How about this EV at 12years old to a similar Nissan LEAF...

£120k

3dec06a20bc24f71884e5be9516f21ff.jpg

Talk about skewing the selection to suit your narrative. - Adam, not cool.

Yup agree, hence why I think the video is a total waste of people's time as it doesn't mention once that new prices have gone down.
It also doesn’t help that some of those cars were grossly over priced in 2022, people were paying it mind. Supply and demand I guess.

Mazda MX-30 being a prime example - who was spending that much money on this car? I’m pretty sure these were being discounted right out the gate even when there were shortages elsewhere.

Likewise the stellantis stuff was going for silly money back in 2022.

The Hyundai Kona Electric was a great little car but it was never worth the asking price, not when you could get a Model 3 for les than £3k more. I’m not surprised to see this on the list now - still a fantastic little car though at a more sensible price. The new one is a lot bigger and not really in the same segment as the old one.

Last edited:
Well clearly I am not going electric for the next three years because I've just ordered a new ICE BMW, unfortunately no electric car I drove came anywhere near the same levels of performance, driving experience and quality I'd expect for the same amount of money.
I got decent money for my p/x although skoda offered nearly £2k more their finance package was poor.

BBC got a point. The governments can choose to destroy it's own economy to allow EV's to come over cheap from China. Most likely putting millions out of work with the legacy manufacturers falling down plus all the after care network that surrounds that but it will help us get to net zero by 2050.

All that for something which at best only accounts for around 10% of global emissions. Meanwhile in the space of 35 years world population has doubled......

I disagree you see plenty of ICE cars at similar age to a Nissan Leaf still commanding decent money because they still have plenty of life in them.

Or because they are different cars to a Nissan Leaf and therefore have more value for other reasons.

A Nissan Leaf is a small hatchback - what is the value of a similar age and mileage Renault Clio compared to a Leaf? This seems like a more useful comparison and I'd be surprised if the Clio is worth significantly more.

Or because they are different cars to a Nissan Leaf and therefore have more value for other reasons.

A Nissan Leaf is a small hatchback - what is the value of a similar age and mileage Renault Clio compared to a Leaf? This seems like a more useful comparison and I'd be surprised if the Clio is worth significantly more.
Closest comparison is a Nissan Pulsar, and they're very similar in value.

I expect pre-2017 EVs to hold their value pretty well from next year onwards.

I'm liking the look of the Cupra Born VZ.

322hp, 79kWh batter, 185kW charging and lots of updates. My Born V2 58kwh drives well with good balance and compliance so if this is better I can see it doing well. The new seats look ace.

Autocar review just out

Last edited:
Nice looking motor, have to laugh at the review comments, range bad when you hammer it, is there a car in existence that got more range being driven hard :D

Last edited:
Nice looking motor, have to laugh at the review comments, range bad when you hammer it, is there a car in existence that got more range being driven hard :D

Yeah I never get that either. I suppose its in your face all of the time. I mean same with my 1967 mgb. I can drive it and get between 35-40 mpg. Equally, I drive it and not shift up until i hit 6000rpm and I am lucky if i get 25mpg. My range went from 320 miles to just 200 miles

Back
Top Bottom