When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
Indeed, no one is thinking like Pope at a car purchase let alone look at 'the table' and using double exclaimation marks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.0 probably offers better driveablility - hence wins, plus more people consider telling their friends its a 2.0 rather than 1.4 proudly than even considering the weight.

Associate
I gave the TL;DW version - a flawed comparison that wastes peoples time. They use a retail price not the available price new. I can do you a great deal on Corsa-E if you like, they MSRP is at £32k+, but since it's you I'll let you have one for £25k, deal?
Had to go to Vauxhall earlier today to pick up a part I'd ordered for a Corsa, they had a delivery miles Corsa-e up for sale for £19k on a 24 plate.

Soldato
Had to go to Vauxhall earlier today to pick up a part I'd ordered for a Corsa, they had a delivery miles Corsa-e up for sale for £19k on a 24 plate.

Cheaper to buy the Peugeot 208. Same car except it has a Peugeot badge. Still a lot of money for a low end hatchback though.

Associate
When you are paying 15k for a Dacia Sandero these days, an EV 208/Corsa seems decent value. No doubt the respective ICE equivs will aslo be cheaper to buy but generally cars of all types aren't cheap, a top spec ICE corsa is £25k, god I am old, that seems a lot.

Last edited:
Associate
Cheaper to buy the Peugeot 208. Same car except it has a Peugeot badge. Still a lot of money for a low end hatchback though.
It's the Corsa GS model that is £19k, it's the 2nd from top spec model - main thing missing would appear to be the heated seats and steering wheel but has all the spec your'd expect from a nearly top of the line ICE. EV's are typically not low end, even the Mii is fairly decent spec. Not had a look to see how much the equivalent e208 is compared to the corsa which is the same car as you say apart from the interior bits. A near top spec e208 for around £19k pre-reg would be a good buy as well.

Although I'd wait a year and buy it at a year old for maybe around £15k.

Soldato
Dacia Duster isnt a hatchback. Keep going.
Who said anything about a duster?

Last time I checked the Sandero was a hatchback… yup, it still is… The Spring isn’t a patch on the Corsa either.

A delightful post as ever…

So one car then? I don't think that stops a Corsa being a low end hatchback does it.
No it’s not one car.

Pretty much all A segment hatchbacks have are unapologetically low end. At the end of the day making a car a little bit smaller doesn’t make it materially cheaper to produce and people won’t pay B segment money for an A segment car, you know that. To hit the price point, the whole car is lower end.

To be clear, I consider the Corsa to be ‘mid range’, sure it’s at the lower end of ‘mid range’ but its certainly a step up other other cheaper hatchbacks in terms of its features and fit/finish.

Associate
That's comparing an apple to an orange, Tesla don't do combustion equivalent, at the very least a car that has both could be compared , plenty of manufacturers do both ICE and EV in same line up, so you can make a better comparison.

That's my point though - a purpose built EV is the same weight as an equivalent purpose built combustion car. They therefore can't be the same car. If you look at platform sharing between ICE and EV then there are compromises everywhere.

A Tesla Model Y is a purpose built high performance large electric SUV. A large-engined BMW X3 / X5 is a purpose built high performance large combustion SUV.
The Model Y weighs the same as the X3 whilst having the passenger and luggage space of the X5.

Last edited:
Soldato
The point that EV's are heavier than combustion cars is only partially correct. For small hatchback sized cars (e.g. the Fiat 500) they are a bit heaver.
I wouldn't say that like.

Abarth 595 1.4 T-Jet = 1035kg
Abarth 500e = 1410kg

That's not a bit heavier - that is seriously heavier. 375kg is like hauling an extra 4 people around in your car (if you say average 6ft weighing 13 stone) or to make it easier, a female Bison (350-400Kg). Ouch!! Climb in lads... mind the Bison!

Last edited:
Soldato
Corsa hasn't been a low-end hatchback for about a decade. They introduced a new low-end, e.g. Vauxhall Adams, Ford KAs, Suzuki Altos. It is mid-market with the Fiesta...

Back
Top Bottom