When are you going fully electric?

I think it shows how expensive things are now if you can consider £500 a month 'such low cost'.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but £500 a month to drive one of those seems like quite a lot of money to me.

Are the thrown in chargers (like Audi seem to offer too) actually of financial benefit to buyer and seller ? if you could negotiate for a 1K discount without charger no one has benefitted,
if they are getting a (bulk) reduced price charger install though could be of mutual advantage.

I think it shows how expensive things are now if you can consider £500 a month 'such low cost'.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but £500 a month to drive one of those seems like quite a lot of money to me.
They are fully maintained and include insurance with a low excess, tyres, breakdown etc. knock off the tax savings, and add on the BIK and you get a very compelling package.

SS leases are not super competitive because they don’t have to be due to the way they are set up. You could probably lease the car privately for less but it will not be fully maintained and then it’s all about the tax savings.

Last edited:

It is. £500 for an A to B mobile is to far much. It's not exactly cheap motoring, but the way people try to spin this as saving money is pretty comical though.

Last edited:
It is. £500 for an A to B mobile is to far much. The way people spin this as saving money is pretty comical though.

Let’s reality check that…

It’s £500 before tax, so for a 40% tax payer that is ~£300 a month to lease a brand new car that could easily save you £200-300/month in fuel alone.

Sounds like cheap motoring to me.

Last edited:
Before tax… so ~£300 a month to lease a brand new car that could easily save you £200-300/month in fuel alone.

Sounds like cheap motoring to me.

£2-300 is at least a few months of diesel for me and I don't do low miles. The car is no longer depreciating and costs £35 a year in tax, about £200 to insure. That's real cheap motoring.

£300 a month is buying a small house up north.

Last edited:
£2-300 is at least a months of diesel for me and I don't do low miles.
Yes so instead of spending £300 on diesel, you spend £20 in electric and a £300 lease for the use of a brand new fully maintained car which includes insurance, tax, servicing, tyres, breakdown etc.

Better yet, you don’t have to drive round in a 4 pot diesel which isn’t free to own/operate.

Last edited:
Yes so instead of spending £300 on diesel, you spend £20 in electric and a £300 lease for the use of a brand new fully maintained car which includes insurance, tax, servicing, tyres, breakdown etc.

Better yet, you don’t have to drive round in a 4 pot diesel which isn’t free to own/operate.

But it's not a saving in the long run, not even close.

Also you forgot the massive amount of depreciation, because no one wants to buy old EVs...

Last edited:
Well you've joined a discussion about salary sacrifice EV leases, so that's how you're paying for it.

Whatever, but what you've spent over a year to keep a Chinese washing machine has costed much more than I've spent running a diesel commuter and a weekend sports car and you don't even own it :D

Last edited:
Whatever, but what you've spent over a year to own a Chinese washing machine has costed much more than I've spent running a diesel commuter and a weekend sports car.

Not everybody fancies doing all their commuting in a crap old diesel though, but if that's what makes you happy, that's great.

Whether you can drive around in an old diesel cheaper than a brand new EV is somewhat besides the point of whether £500 pre-tax is a decent price for an all inclusive lease of a £40k car, insurance, servicing, tax, tyres, breakdown etc.

They are fully maintained

Which must save all of about £0, there isn't much to maintain! I think people place far too high a value on the maintenance aspect, there is almost no maintenance needed on a brand new car.

If it's before tax then fair enough, it seemed like it was the net amount he was discussing.

Last edited:
Not everybody fancies doing all their commuting in a crap old diesel though, but if that's what makes you happy, that's great.

Whether you can drive around in an old diesel cheaper than a brand new EV is somewhat besides the point of whether £500 pre-tax is a decent price for an all inclusive lease of a £40k car, insurance, servicing, tax, tyres, breakdown etc.

Not sure about that. These EVs have fancy dashboard (but annoying software and awkward touchscreen controls), but they aren't all that nice quality inside tbh. They are expensive because the batteries are expensive.

Last edited:
Mine covers the cost of fuel in my m3 on the commute. So it costs me nothing really and I have two cars keeping the miles off my m3.

Some people want a hassle free new car to drive around in. I’m sorry you can’t afford one Nasher

Back
Top Bottom