When are you going fully electric?

This is gonna mess with your head. The Range Rover has a BMW V8. But then your head doesnt really need any more messing with...

PS. I work in the R&D department so it deffo exists.

Ah come on hes got a L(ots) O(f) T(rouble) U(sually) S(erious), hes going to be an expert on unreliability ;)
That and his bargain banger diesel.

Lets not forget he was one of them complaining about the people who actually buy new cars not being true car fans and specing the right options, the true car fans only buy second hand motors. ;)

Soldato
This is gonna mess with your head. The Range Rover has a BMW V8. But then your head doesnt really need any more messing with...

PS. I work in the R&D department so it deffo exists.

Lol well that explains a few things..

Exists, but may as well not exist.

Last edited:
Soldato
ChatGPT says the R&D is a large contributing factor to the poor reliability and quality issues. Which are as we know, numerous.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeh, but some of these EVs do chew through tyres, I'm pretty steady on mine and 17k miles its on the 3mm indicators. colleagues have needed new rears on i4 M50s before 10k miles
when I bought my car on 42k I tried to get new tyres fitted as they seemed worn to me. I was told no they were legal
on over 49k miles and whilst they are due they are still legal.
the tyres on the car are all matched and date 7 months older than the car so it's possible they are the factory tyres

I will know more on my next pair but mine is heavier than most and has more torque than most.

Last edited:
Caporegime
when I bought my car on 42k I tried to get new tyres fitted as they seemed worn to me. I was told no they were legal
on over 49k miles and whilst they are due they are still legal.
the tyres on the car are all matched and date 7 months older than the car so it's possible they are the factory tyres

I will know more on my next pair but mine is heavier than most and has more torque than most.
I paces aren’t heavy on tyres it seems. Guess it depends on how drive again

Last edited:
Soldato
I paces aren’t heavy on tyres it seems. Guess it depends on how drive again
indeed. so the point is it's not an EV problem, it's not an increased torque problem and it's not a weight problem.

presumably it's a poorly matched tyre to the car problem, either going super soft for high performance at the expense.of wear and tear OR maybe ultra low profile tyres are getting toasted on our rubbish roads.

note I am not suggesting it's a bad driver problem driving like a boy racer too much . ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
will a set of I-pace tyres break the bank ?

Like ICE cars if you live on the brakes, ev regen deceleration will also take it's toll (what does regen energy report say.)

Soldato

Like ICE cars if you live on the brakes, ev regen deceleration will also take it's toll (what does regen energy report say.)

But if you use regen lightly in the same way you'd normally use brakes lightly, there is literally no difference.

Soldato

like for like on black circles or what ever give or take £200 a corner fitted. so £800 ISH (for the 20 inch. dunno about 19s or 22s)

not an issue if I can get 30k+ miles out of them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom