When are you going fully electric?

Caporegime
Which must save all of about £0, there isn't much to maintain! I think people place far too high a value on the maintenance aspect, there is almost no maintenance needed on a brand new car.

If it's before tax then fair enough, it seemed like it was the net amount he was discussing.
Tyres. Servicing.

Caporegime
Sure if you are buying something like a Porsche Tycan. But these Chinese cars, Teslas etc are nothing special. Cheap plastics and fake leather, janky software etc. They have tried to make it look quality but ita really a cheap car for a high price due to being electric.
Is that a EV thing. I think you are confusing the make of a car with its powertrain whilst on your anti EV rant. Isn’t there another thread you can read and just ignore this one. You don’t add anything of value

Soldato
Not everybody fancies doing all their commuting in a crap old diesel though, but if that's what makes you happy, that's great.
lol unusually I watched a carwow video yesterday specifically because it discussed diesels and tesla 3,
which confirmed my appreciation of 3 series estate flexibility.

Soldato
Well that depends how you're paying for it, but it's still not a saving in the end.
isnt this an argument about new car vs old car? i mean, the argument, its cheaper to run an old car into the ground is (almost) always going to win over getting a new car .

But some people actually want to drive a new car......... and I for one am glad they do because if no one buys new cars there will be no older cars to filter down to the used car market..

All that said, how anyone cant admit that £350net cost for a new car fully maintained with dirt cheap charging if done at home isnt really cheap i do not know. It just screams of ulterior motives to me.

Soldato
lol unusually I watched a carwow video yesterday specifically because it discussed diesels and tesla 3,
which confirmed my appreciation of 3 series estate flexibility.

hang on..................... so the heavy EV which is apparently the cause of ruining our roads and causing car parks to be in danger of collapsing because of their insane weight is LIGHTER than a diesel BMW and over £10k cheap as well?

you dont read that in the daily express... i wonder why!.

so much crap coming out of that exhaust.

Last edited:
Caporegime
hang on..................... so the heavy EV which is apparently the cause of ruining our roads and causing car parks to be in danger of collapsing because of their insane weight is LIGHTER than a diesel BMW and over £10k cheap as well?

Have you not seen the size difference????

Man of Honour
Tyres. Servicing.

Which could easily be zero over a 3 year lease of an electric car - even if it does need a service it won't be much. Unless you are a high mileage company car driver I think most people get limited financial benefit from a maintained lease.

The main benefit of a fully inclusive package would seem to be the insurance as she is a new driver.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it shows how expensive things are now if you can consider £500 a month 'such low cost'.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but £500 a month to drive one of those seems like quite a lot of money to me.
£500 gross is dirt cheap. That is nil deposit, paid before tax and NI, including insurance. And my wife is a new driver so still in the £1k+ insurance renewal bracket.

Soldato

so much crap coming out of that exhaust.
Yet there are big trucks, lorries and buses using the same roads everyday which are so much heavier than and car don't do any harm? I've thrown that at them a few times and they can never answer after that.

Caporegime
Which could easily be zero over a 3 year lease of an electric car - even if it does need a service it won't be much. Unless you are a high mileage company car driver I think most people get limited financial benefit from a maintained lease.

The main benefit of a fully inclusive package would seem to be the insurance as she is a new driver.
Yeh, but some of these EVs do chew through tyres, I'm pretty steady on mine and 17k miles its on the 3mm indicators. colleagues have needed new rears on i4 M50s before 10k miles

Back
Top Bottom