When are you going fully electric?

ahhh that is a good point. I had noticed that actually.... so that is maybe an issue for 5 days a year in the uk then

I think it may also affect the heater in cold weather, which may explain why my mrs always moans in winter on a long trip. (i am fine as i put heated steering wheel on which is enough for me) :D
Where did you think this extra range in eco mode was coming from :D

Last edited:
Where did you think this extra range in eco mode was coming from :D
fair point!. I dont notice much as i like to drive in a cool car anyway in winter, and its very rarely hot enough for weaker air con to be an issue.

obviously like i said the wife complains...... but she does that all the time anyway so i sort of tune it out :D (mostly i am joking!)

Last edited:
Method of payment is irrelevant unless you 100% are keeping the car for a long, long time. For the vast majority of new and nearly new car buyers the calculation needs to be how much are you happy to pay to use a vehicle for a year, with all costs considered, including fuel, insurance, maintenance, tax and MOT etc. TCO for the period you want it for divided by the number of years is all that matters if you have zero intention to keep it, and if you can see the future the value of the car at the end of that period.

That's how I've always looked at it. And why I'm still driving a banger around.

Even all in 300*12 for a cheap electric is cost of buying the banger + insurance + road tax.

But that's 3600 every year. So unless the banger is. Costing 2000+ a year in maintaining its pcp still seems a lot to me.

And you don't get much for 300ppm

With the 12 month initial rental, it’s still over £800/month for a personal lease at 10k miles.

£19.5k to rent a car for 2 years is still a lot of money.

It is but then we're talking about a car that starts from £104,000, so it was never going to be £400 a month all in :p

If you're in the market for £100k EVs, then £20k for 2 years isn't really that bad - I can imagine you'd haemorrhage a lot more than that if you bought it and sold it 2 years later.

Last edited:
It is but then we're talking about a car that starts from £104,000, so it was never going to be £400 a month all in :p

If you're in the market for £100k EVs, then £20k for 2 years isn't really that bad - I can imagine you'd haemorrhage a lot more than that if you bought it and sold it 2 years later.
I guess the lease finance company is betting you'd haemorrhage less!

Still looks like a fun option!

thankfully the list prices on cars are back to be meaningless* as this deal demonstrates.

*There are a few exceptions of course

Having driven the full range of Audi RS models from 2014 to 2017 (ICE) in anger and thinking it'll be hard to beat them, I was lucky enough to drive the RS e-tron GT on Sunday and even though I am still not a massive EV fan, I'll have to admit that that thing was so much fun I would add it to the garage for those empty road dry Sundays for sure.

Last edited:
Should I buy this or kill myself?

31huI7H.png

Back
Top Bottom