When are you going fully electric?

[
Should I buy this or kill myself?
can use it in the back garden for diy shuttling duties , or .. early driving lessons
]

I suspect the lease company are receiving some substantial subsidies
the new mode of business is buy back details from the manufacturers , nothing lost, and the manufacturer can cosset the 2nd hand market and satisfy zev target.

Why is the western EV market so.... behind? Look at the new SU7 over in China, it comes with literally everything, is faster than a Taycan, cheaper than a Model 3.... Has attachable physical button modules for the screen if you want that and so on:

Why is the western EV market so.... behind? Look at the new SU7 over in China, it comes with literally everything, is faster than a Taycan, cheaper than a Model 3.... Has attachable physical button modules for the screen if you want that and so on:

Just check out the brakes first

Eu is not behind at all

Last edited:
How would I order one? It's not sold in Europe/UK. As for specs, well many things shown in video.
Well lets be honest you aren’t a potential buyer and there been enough noise about this car well before your post. Many reviews have ended up with written off cars. But you are looking at it like a graphics card.

Last edited:
How’s it’s cheaper when it’s not even on sale ?
There's this thing called currency conversion to gauge price differences?

Plus the fact that you can buy both a model 3 in China so the price can be directly compared that way too, so that makes the Model 3 over 15,000 Yuan more expensive than the SU7 over there.

I have no idea what you are on about with the brake failure thing, Tesla has a track record around the world of system failures leading to crashes, yet they're still popular.

Last edited:
The fact you don’t know just means the video had the desired effect… let alone using raw currency conversion!! Sales tax, import duty, state subsidies. The list goes on.

Just used JustPark in Cardiff with an EV charger to go to the Foo Fighters. Got an Uber back to a full car and no car park queuing. Bliss

There's this thing called currency conversion to gauge price differences?

Plus the fact that you can buy both a model 3 in China so the price can be directly compared that way too, so that makes the Model 3 over 15,000 Yuan more expensive than the SU7 over there.

I have no idea what you are on about with the brake failure thing, Tesla has a track record around the world of system failures leading to crashes, yet they're still popular.
You need to watch the video then. Another YouTube source so hopefully you can pair the two together.

My point about ordering one and about when you are ordering is because you are driving a 20 year old M3 then suddenly jump into this thread about some car because you saw a video about it…

Sorry if that needed explaining

The currency conversion? Really. Have you not compared Big Macs or a litre of fuel to know it’s not a direct conversion.

Everyone knows the china auto industry is heavily subsidised by china for obvious reasons.

Still wondering how previous posts made no sense though. Maybe you can help with why it made no sense ? The graphics card ref was regarding specs in paper vs real world performance. I guess you needed help with that link stato

Last edited:
That's how I've always looked at it. And why I'm still driving a banger around.

Even all in 300*12 for a cheap electric is cost of buying the banger + insurance + road tax.

But that's 3600 every year. So unless the banger is. Costing 2000+ a year in maintaining its pcp still seems a lot to me.

And you don't get much for 300ppm

I'm paying £300/mo for my eNiro, so you can get a decent* used EV for that, saving about £120/mo on fuel + VED as well, so £180.

So yes, I'm still paying ~£2.2k/year compared to an old banger, but that comes with minimal maintenance costs, increased reliability, and more importantly a much more pleasant driving (and general ownership) experience.

Looking at it from a purely financial perspective, then it doesn't make sense (although mileage dependent it can do, if I was still commuting every day, the fuel savings would be at least double), but there are other things to consider as well.

* Yes, it's a run of the mill family hatchback/fake SUV, but it does everything we need, is well specced with plenty of toys, good range, quick enough to charge

I'm paying £300/mo for my eNiro, so you can get a decent* used EV for that, saving about £120/mo on fuel + VED as well, so £180.

So yes, I'm still paying ~£2.2k/year compared to an old banger, but that comes with minimal maintenance costs, increased reliability, and more importantly a much more pleasant driving (and general ownership) experience.

Looking at it from a purely financial perspective, then it doesn't make sense (although mileage dependent it can do, if I was still commuting every day, the fuel savings would be at least double), but there are other things to consider as well.

* Yes, it's a run of the mill family hatchback/fake SUV, but it does everything we need, is well specced with plenty of toys, good range, quick enough to charge

Yeah if I commuted I'd have one already.

Cheapest I can get on my sal-sac is an mg4 for 337 a month.

Back
Top Bottom