When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
you are probably looking at an ionic , hopefully a facelifted one, nicer and with better range.

kick in another couple of grand however and your options really open up. (e Niro, Kona, corsa E, i3, bigger battery zoe etc)

as for your comment about people on the internet told you your battery is knackered after 4 or 5 years......................

you really need to talk to different people on the internet..

the only EV this is slightly true on would be the very 1st nissan leaf and even then they are not that bad.

I really dont want a Niro, or a Kona, or a Corsa, or a Zoe :D

Yes i hear the i3 battery is ok, with a range extender, but the car itself is a tiny golf buggy.

It's tiny

Adding an extra couple of k, esentially paying £15k for one of the above is a bit mad if you ask me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes i hear the i3 battery is ok, with a range extender, but the car itself is a tiny golf buggy.

It's tiny
it has a small boot, its a great 2nd car however and is roomier inside than you might think thanks to it being a proper EV architecture (the engine in it is a small motorbike range extender which acts as a dynamo to charge the battery. it doesnt directly drive the car)

i know as i actually own one.

personally if you can charge at home i think you would be better off getting the bigger battery car and ditching the petrol engine, esp if it is a 2nd car.....

in truth however as much as i like it, and i think it will be looked back on as an iconic classic................... it isnt a car i would put at the top of the list to buy. its expensive for what it is imo.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really dont want a Niro, or a Kona, or a Corsa, or a Zoe :D

It's tiny

Adding an extra couple of k, esentially paying £15k for one of the above is a bit mad if you ask me.
Not really mad the Kona and Niro are fantastic cars.

Soldato
But them coming back to my question i had on previous page,

When i was looking around a few months ago, i came across the BMW 330e which was about 5 years old, why were people telling me to avoid batteries 4-5 years old like the plague? - I have been advised that the 330 models are very good. Having owned a 320d and 120d , the 330 is probably a better model to have. So why much hate for a the e version of this unless the battery and EV side of this sucked

is it only recent that battery technology has got better or did BMW's batteries not come up to par ? in 4-5 year old models ?

Last edited:
Soldato
But them coming back to my question i had on previous page,

When i was looking around a few months ago, i came across the BMW 330e which was about 5 years old, why were people telling me to avoid batteries 4-5 years old like the plague? - I have been advised that the 330 models are very good. Having owned a 320d and 120d , the 330 is probably a better model to have. So why much hate for a the e version of this unless the battery and EV side of this sucked

is it only recent that battery technology has got better or did BMW's batteries not come up to par ? in 4-5 year old models ?
The 330e is literally a 320 with a battery. It isn't 330 like how older 330s were badged. Go and see for yourself, it is like BMW retrofitted some motors and put the battery in the boot. In doing so they had to shrink the range.

So it is a "crap" EV and a "crap" petrol car.

Soldato
I wouldn't say its a crap petrol car,

I'm pretty sure people were also stating the 330i has a very reliable engine ?

So to sum up, the early technology battery wasnt really great in a lot of models. You need to buy something within a couple of years old to get something decent

Last edited:
Associate
Do you know how they make electricity this country ? (the majority of electricity production) is not provided by Solar, wind, or wave

It's by damaging the environment

Hailing EV's and taking away reliable transport methods are not the answer. Not when all its about is new technology being profiteered on , and this is pretty much all its about, at this point. Not about saving the planet
Why don't we have coal delivered to our houses anymore?

Soldato
I wouldn't say its a crap petrol car,

I'm pretty sure people were also stating the 330i has a very reliable engine ?

So to sum up, the early technology battery wasnt really great in a lot of models. You need to buy something within a couple of years old to get something decent
are you deliberately miss representing what he said?

I know nothing about the 330e. maybe it is a crap car, maybe it isnt...... but you do not need to buy a couple of years old EV to get something with a decent battery.

Last edited:
Soldato
Because the government shut all the coal mines down. And replaced the energy sector with something they didnt have the infrastructure in place for :)
Well no. We have central heating now plus next to no one has a coal fire in their houses.

That's why we don't get coal delivered.

Soldato
Do you know how they make electricity this country ? (the majority of electricity production) is not provided by Solar, wind, or wave

It's by damaging the environment
Do you know how they make petrol and diesel?

It's by damaging the environment. All of it. Every last drip.

The troll is dining well in this thread today.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you know how they make petrol and diesel?

It's by damaging the environment. All of it. Every last drip.

The troll is dining well in this thread today.

Unfortunately, I just don't see EV as being the answer though

I know im not the only person who thinks this

The threat title is pretty clear

"When will you be going fully electric"

the answer to this is, i don't think the majority of the population will be going fully electric, or will be staying fully electric.

Last edited:
Soldato
Assuming that the government and the manufactures want to make this transition to electric vehicles for the good of the environment.

Then bring down the retail cost of them? - Cheaper retail cost = More people buy them = making people transition to them = saving the environment quicker.

They wont do that though, why is this ? because its profiteering first, saving the environment 2nd or 3rd or 4th :)

Last edited:
Associate

the answer to this is, i don't think the majority of the population will be going fully electric, or will be staying fully electric.

"I know im not the only person who thinks this", and? There's a non-trivial number of people who think the Earth is flat, or that a veggie diet will kill you sooner, or that it's perfectly fine to only ever drink coca cola. There's safety in numbers, but not necessarily accuracy.

Soldato

They might not be the one single answer, but they're providing an alternative means of propulsion that doesn't involve wrecking the planet to extract the fuel and then wrecking it again when burning it. In the same way that petrol and diesel technology has improved and become cleaner and more efficient over time, so will electricity generation and battery technology. Until something better and cleaner comes along it seems to be the best alternative available.

In any case, the majority of the population eventually won't have much choice as manufacturers phase out ICE models in favour of EV ones. And by that point the technology and infrastructure will hopefully have improved to such an extent that they stop listening to all the FUD.

Back
Top Bottom