When are you going fully electric?

What sort of miles per kw are you guys getting and on what type of roads? It's just to see if I am doing good or bad while getting to grips with a EV.
Kona EV known to be efficient, ~3.5 in January, ~5 since May. Replaced tyres in April also probably helped with 68db/A/A rating, there is less squealing when it's dry when flooring sometimes on these.

Just got 620 Wh/ mile after dropping my daughter at work and then taking a mate out. I’ll cry into my cornflakes about the inefficiency tomorrow regardless of the England result. kWh lives matter.

Last edited:

Dacia Spring is 974kg, 28.3 kWh battery, gets a real world efficiency of 7.4miles per kw.

Audi Q6/8, ~2000kg, 100kwh battery and efficiency of about 3 miles per kw.

Different markets I guess :) What's the weight of these EV batteries? 200kgs?

Edit: not much info but between 100-400+kgs.

Last edited:
just watching some of TDF - need one of these hopefully they publish the consumption 200K up and down mountains 25C
succcessor to Lees red car if it will fit in new garage

filters:quality(75)

Dacia Spring is 974kg, 28.3 kWh battery, gets a real world efficiency of 7.4miles per kw.

Audi Q6/8, ~2000kg, 100kwh battery and efficiency of about 3 miles per kw.

Different markets I guess :) What's the weight of these EV batteries? 200kgs?

Edit: not much info but between 100-400+kgs.
wow that is incredible Efficiency if achievable.

I guess the 3miles per kWh Vs 7 miles per kWh is no different to how it's always been tho.

consider the mpg from a diesel midsized family car Vs mpg from a petrol range rover or jaguar F type for instance

Kona EV known to be efficient, ~3.5 in January, ~5 since May. Replaced tyres in April also probably helped with 68db/A/A rating, there is less squealing when it's dry when flooring sometimes on these.

What tyres have you used? First change I went for the factory Michelin Primacy. Then changed for standard tyres (Avon). Wanted to see if there was much difference (enough to justify the price difference). The long term average dropped from 4.0 to 3.9. Which I did put down to the tyres. It's since gone back up to 4.0.

Next time round I will try e-primacy I think.

Last edited:
What tyres have you used? First change I went for the factory Michelin Primacy. Then changed for standard tyres (Avon). Wanted to see if there was much difference (enough to justify the price difference). The long term average dropped from 4.0 to 3.9. Which I did put down to the tyres. It's since gone back up to 4.0.

Next time round I will try e-primacy I think.
4 x Michelin Primacy 4 S1 215/55 R17 W (98), Reinforced. https://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/michelin/primacy-4-s1/215/55/R17/W/98/f?tyre=38809787

Every make, model and size of tyre have different ratings, I went down a rabbit hole lol I only do about 9k miles a year and hoping to get 3 years from them. The tyre noise was noticeably quieter, important for an EV imo, and just good all around, I think it's about as good as you can get, in the Kona anyway. Recommended! The issue with the Kona is probably due to it being front wheel drive, the front wants to lift off a bit when accelerating so a rear wheel drive car probably would have less of an issue.

The car had done 40k miles and had the Primacy S1 on the front (not the exact same as the new ones, some other weight or speed rating or something) and maybe Avons on the rear, which had worn patches so they needed to be replaced, so it might have had front tyres swapped around during that time.

Next time I'll pay more attention to the state of the tyres when buying second hand and get some money off if they're dodgy.

I'm starting to question if the people who buy EV's are true motorists :D

Its not saving the planet
no it isnt "saving" the planet....... but over the life of the car it is definitely contributing less to the destruction of it. small wins etc.

i can power my car purely off the sun hitting my roof (at least for 6 months of the year) *** you cant say that about an ICE car.

*** I dont........ because that electricity is better used elsewhere and my car then charged off peak.......... but if things change, i could if i needed to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom