When are you going fully electric?

*Representative Example | monthly rental of £299 | On-the-road cash price £44,990 | Total down payment £4,499 | Total amount payable £15,279 | Length of agreement 36 months | Mileage per annum 10,000 | Excess mileage charge 20ppm (plus VAT).

While stocks last, for cars ordered from 23rd August and delivered before September 13th 2024

To follow up on the Tesla Y offer I got the email today.

10k miles isn’t bad, just don’t go over that at 20p.

While we don't really have any load worth shifting I was all set to do my bit and use it as an opportunity to go gas free for a day and top off the hot water with the emersion heater... then realised Octopus haven't logged any data from our smart meter since Wednesday :rolleyes:

It might just not have uploaded yet. I have had a week where there was no data, then it all uploaded later.

This got me thinking about EV charging... If this happens and you are on something like Intelligent Go does it simply not charge? Likewise if you are on a fixed duel rate tariff do you just end up paying at the higher rate?

No, as per above unless it is actually broken, the charger/car is the bit that does the smart bit, so it will still charge and you'll still get the lower price once the data syncs.

It might just not have uploaded yet. I have had a week where there was no data, then it all uploaded later.
Had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. 7 day hole in my usage data, worked for a day, crapped out for a day then worked fine for a fortnight. Maybe they have it all behind the scenes and just haven't backdated the usage data on my account.

My real hope is that as I'm on Tracker they may just write those days off as they won't know how much I used at each daily rate :p

According to the status lights it's all doing its thing.

Had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. 7 day hole in my usage data, worked for a day, crapped out for a day then worked fine for a fortnight. Maybe they have it all behind the scenes and just haven't backdated the usage data on my account.

My real hope is that as I'm on Tracker they may just write those days off as they won't know how much I used at each daily rate :p

According to the status lights it's all doing its thing.

If you have missing days with tracker they spread your usage across based on an almost flat line.
I assume the data they receive is 1/2 hour usage and running total as when I had missing they still knew accurate meter readings just not the fine detail

Have been looking at the MG4 on the second hand market. Still lots of 2022 (pre face lift I think) with low mileage hanging around the 15-18k mark. I think they have a lot further to fall when you can pick up a new one for just over £20k now. Good value if you don't want to buy new.
The price of the new MG4/MG5 must be appealing to many now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom