When are you going fully electric?

Tesla have just launched a new long range RWD Model 3 to match the recent Model Y launch.

436 miles on the WLTP so it should be good for a genuine 350 miles range and well over 300 in the depths of winter.

It’s not just Tesla, others are also launching cars with huge range for a sensible price. It’s getting really hard to argue EVs don’t have enough range.

Last edited:
The talk of Tesla at the start and how they 'didnt do facelifts like legacy auto' and the idea was continual improvement...

Well they do do facelifts and seem to leave a pleathora of changes and confusion now on what you actually get, whats changed, which processor or battery etc etc. All quite confusing for Joe Bloggs? Discuss.

The talk of Tesla at the start and how they 'didnt do facelifts like legacy auto' and the idea was continual improvement...

Well they do do facelifts and seem to leave a pleathora of changes and confusion now on what you actually get, whats changed, which processor or battery etc etc. All quite confusing for Joe Bloggs? Discuss.
I don't think Joe Bloggs cares about CPU or battery tech - just range.

Last edited:

Has jpaul stolen your account details?

Syntax 404 error - Tesla Criticism.

I seem to get more abuse now when i mimic him than you guys calling him out in the first place!

Ill try again for Ben Joggs. The product line up from Tesla is frankly a farce.

Last edited:
Syntax 404 error - Tesla Criticism.

I seem to get more abuse now when i mimic him than you guys calling him out in the first place!

I’ll try again for Ben Joggs. The product line up from Tesla is frankly a farce.
jpaul gets plenty of stick, what you posted was still a
p03695n7.jpg

Oh i was looking forward to a sensible discussion on the confusing Tesla line up, Facelift, new rear lamps, China made rather than fremont with the black window trim rather than chrome, Cars with LFP or NMC, then LR, LR+, Performance Boost and the cars that didnt have wireless chargers fitted etc. My sentence ended with a context of the previous statement request, if you cant tell the differences between that and Pope Ministrone thats no really my fault.

Nevermind.

Last edited:
jpaul gets plenty of stick, what you posted was still a
Well you seem obsessed to reply to every single post in this thread usually with exactly the same stuff about how you used to a have a Tesla and then bought another one. Almost like alphabet spaghetti on toast

Tesla have just launched a new long range RWD Model 3 to match the recent Model Y launch.

436 miles on the WLTP so it should be good for a genuine 350 miles range and well over 300 in the depths of winter.

It’s not just Tesla, others are also launching cars with huge range for a sensible price. It’s getting really hard to argue EVs don’t have enough range.
How big’s the battery ?

Battery size = range pretty much. And of course Tesla ignore preheating etc for their own numbers.

How big’s the battery ?

Battery size = range pretty much. And of course Tesla ignore preheating etc for their own numbers.

It’s same as the long range, just minus the front motor so the additional range is from efficiency rather than additional battery.

The WLTP test is the WLTP test at the end of the day and that’s all they publish like any other manufacturer. I knock 20-30% off it because that’s more like what you’d actually get in the real world from the vast majority of cars.

2008 - the number of Model 3 variants Lord Musk has born. The name is finally making sense
Not sure how that’s any different to say the number of ID.3 variants there are out there these days.

Likewise the nonsense model names many other manufacturers use which no normal person has any clue what they mean or where they sit in the stack.

I like the idea of 'launching' a new product. They have just shove another option into the configurator.
So your best contribution is to attack the terminology I used. Are you ok hun?

Perhaps it’s time to take a break mate.

Suspect Musk is p***** he's not winning the Uber taxi contracts - robotaxis are probably more lucrative/the-future than products for private market.
(what is that large automobile/Y Musk - where is my estate car)

It’s same as the long range, just minus the front motor so the additional range is from efficiency rather than additional battery.

The WLTP test is the WLTP test at the end of the day and that’s all they publish like any other manufacturer. I knock 20-30% off it because that’s more like what you’d actually get in the real world from the vast majority of cars.

Not sure how that’s any different to say the number of ID.3 variants there are out there these days.

Likewise the nonsense model names many other manufacturers use which no normal person has any clue what they mean or where they sit in the stack.

So your best contribution is to attack the terminology I used. Are you ok hun?

Perhaps it’s time to take a break mate.
Point is at said ID3 product launch you read the press release!

Point is at said ID3 product launch you read the press release!
You forget Tesla is a software company who make hardware to run their software, just happens to be shaped like a car, so they make changes like a software company and updates like a software company so you get a release note like we do with all software,

• Fixed some bugs
  • Made some feature updates
  • Deprecated some features
  • Fixed some things under the hood (pun intended...)

I think just calling them a “just a” software company is a little unfair. Point is they have some uplift and then facelifts anyway just like everyone else.
I didn't say "just a" though, but I was trying to be "funny" (I know doesn't happen often so clearly got it wrong ;) ) My point was that they release updates almost constantly which is a very "software" way of doing things, the CI/CD method of delivery.

You forget Tesla is a software company who make hardware to run their software, just happens to be shaped like a car, so they make changes like a software company and updates like a software company so you get a release note like we do with all software,

• Fixed some bugs
  • Made some feature updates
  • Deprecated some features
  • Fixed some things under the hood (pun intended...)

They are the Bethesda of the car industry. Some hilarious bugs, but in this industry people die when it randomly stops understanding physics :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom